British Speedway Forum

I have now been looking at the Rules & Regulations & in Match Averages 10.2 it says

"The most recently established MA will be used. If a rider has an established MA in both the Premiership and Championship Leagues, established in the same season, that leagues MA will apply to that league."

From that ruling, his Premiership MA will apply but, having ridden in May, his new 1/6 MA should apply. (strange but are the BSP Ltd/SCB not applying the correct rules. Neil Watson, help me & others out!!!!!!!)

Just hope Bob don't put to much water on the track....some riders don't like a damp track lol

16 minutes ago, blue witch said:

Are we not allowed a guest at No. 1?

Yes, but maybe top riders not available, travelling to Poland so using r/r, maybe Cook, King, Allen & Rowe/Kemp might give a decent score plus extra track time.

Wouldn't be the first time ipswich got a re declare wrong,,, they ballsed one up a few seasons back 

22 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

I have now been looking at the Rules & Regulations & in Match Averages 10.2 it says

"The most recently established MA will be used. If a rider has an established MA in both the Premiership and Championship Leagues, established in the same season, that leagues MA will apply to that league."

From that ruling, his Premiership MA will apply but, having ridden in May, his new 1/6 MA should apply. (strange but are the BSP Ltd/SCB not applying the correct rules. Neil Watson, help me & others out!!!!!!!)

Yes, he would guest (or sign now I’ve read back up the thread!) on his 1/6 Premiership average of 7.82

Edited by NeilWatson

6 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

Yes, he would guest (or sign now I’ve read back up the thread!) on his 1/6 Premiership average of 7.82

So I take it the Panthers will be putting in a protest. 

1 minute ago, Baldyman said:

3 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Protests against team line-ups don’t exist now, any discrepancies are dealt with between Promotions via the team line-up website. 

59 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

That is why I posted my previous post as the rules have been twisted, bent & gone round corners. They are said to be using his "old, May Premiership" average but his "recent" Championship average should apply. Either way, Ipswich have re-declared under the limit.

What year's 'old May Premiership' average.....?:rolleyes::D

10 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

So Ipswich have ballsed up, again, as he can't guest on his average(compared to Heeps) & the re-declaration stated in the Starke signing news puts them over the limit.

Heeps 6.17 Stewart 4.00 remaining points 1.78 = 11.95

Cook 7.82? Starke 4.27 =12.09

3 minutes ago, mikebv said:

What year's 'old May Premiership' average.....?:rolleyes::D

Theresa or Brian? :unsure: .............. 2021. (recent average is June 2021 :t:)

8 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

So Ipswich have ballsed up, again, as he can't guest on his average(compared to Heeps) & the re-declaration stated in the Starke signing news puts them over the limit.

Heeps 6.17 Stewart 4.00 remaining points 1.78 = 11.95

Cook 7.82? Starke 4.27 =12.09

As far as I can see the conversion factor is 1.6 - it was given as that in the 2020 regulations and hasn’t been amended in the 2021 amendments. However Ipswich quoted 4.27 for Starke and I agree that wouldn’t fit 

2 hours ago, KIRKYLANE said:

Pleased that Cook has found a new team.

So am I, despite his problems from time to time, he's still one of the better British riders based in this country.

I was amazed and disappointed to see his departure from King's Lynn, although there might have been very good reasons for that.

Although he's joined our rival club, I hope he does a very good job for Ipswich Speedway, and wish him nothing but the best going forward.