British Speedway Forum

Supplementary Regulations V2  010.2.3

10 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

As far as I can see the conversion factor is 1.6 - it was given as that in the 2020 regulations and hasn’t been amended in the 2021 amendments. However Ipswich quoted 4.27 for Starke and I agree that wouldn’t fit 

Cook is too low or Starke is too high. Either way still fits under the limit... unless Starke is a 4.27 and Cook is higher then..... dejavu

Aren't averages checked and confirmed by the bigwigs before a PR is released? 

Edited by 2ndbendbeerhut

9 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Supplementary Regulations V2  010.2.3

So the conversion factor is 1.5 confirming Starke at 4.27. The new GSAs will show the declaration and individual averages in due course. My guess is that Cook’s average should be 7.59

Edited by NeilWatson

7 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

So the conversion factor is 1.5 confirming Starke at 4.27. The new GSAs will show the declaration and individual averages in due course. My guess is that Cook’s average should be 7.59

My guess is 7.89....

Anyone want a go at 50p a guess... winner takes all :rofl:

I am only going on the fact that, even though he was replaced after the meeting on the 27th May, that meeting is in his qualifying average when the new averages change on the 1st July so his 1/6 June average should apply.

So Ipswich have applied his old(May Premiership) rather than his recent(1 June Premiership) for Cook whereas they have used a recent(converted June Championship) of 4.27 rather than his old(converted May Championship) of 4.22 for Starke!

16 minutes ago, 2ndbend said:

If Cook signed before the 7th his average is 7.59 ???

If he signed before the 7th then he wouldn’t have been able to guest on the 7th. 

4 minutes ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

My guess is 7.89....

Anyone want a go at 50p a guess... winner takes all :rofl:

Here's my 50p :D

Prior to 8th June, Cook's average was 7.59 and became 7.82 from 8th June onwards.

Regulation 010.3 states: Changes must be made at least 72 hours before the start time of the meeting at which it is intended to be used. Given our next meeting is tomorrow, 10th June, that would mean a re-declare on the 7th at the latest, therefore Cook would still have his 7.59 average.

Has my 50p been well spent?

57 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

So Ipswich have ballsed up, again, as he can't guest on his average(compared to Heeps) & the re-declaration stated in the Starke signing news puts them over the limit.

Heeps 6.17 Stewart 4.00 remaining points 1.78 = 11.95

Cook 7.82? Starke 4.27 =12.09

#releasethecook :P

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, ipswichwitches said:

Prior to 8th June, Cook's average was 7.59 and became 7.82 from 8th June onwards.

Regulation 010.3 states: Changes must be made at least 72 hours before the start time of the meeting at which it is intended to be used. Given our next meeting is tomorrow, 10th June, that would mean a re-declare on the 7th at the latest, therefore Cook would still have his 7.59 average.

Don’t understand why he would have got new average on 8th June, surely should be 1st June and then 1st July. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, ipswichwitches said:

No, but here is my 50p:mad:

Cook's initial average prior to all meetings was 7.59. He then rode in "qualifying meetings" up to & including 23rd month, according to the rules, which gives him a new applicable average from 1st June. He then rode on the 27th & was subsequently dropped. His new average should then be applied to any team he races for(even as a guest) until a new average is applied (after all qualifying races up to & including 23rd June) on 1st July.

HE HAS A NEW AVERAGE FROM 1ST JUNE!!!

What on earth has the 8th June got to do with anything with his average?

(:drink::drink::cheers: water of course, in the garden to chill, hopefully)

1 minute ago, IronScorpion said:

Cook's initial average prior to all meetings was 7.59. He then rode in "qualifying meetings" up to & including 23rd month, according to the rules, which gives him a new applicable average from 1st June. He then rode on the 27th & was subsequently dropped. His new average should then be applied to any team he races for(even as a guest) until a new average is applied (after all qualifying races up to & including 23rd June) on 1st July.

Reassess to 9 so he doesn't fit :P

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Isn't that the problem with rolling averages in that we don't know historically what points have come off when the latest are added. Cook rode 1 qualifying meeting up until the 23rd May cut off and scored 11 points. If he also scored 11 points from the meeting that this replaced, the his average won't change, so stays at 7.59.

What we don't know is why 2 further sets of averages were issued on the 3rd June and 8th June, with the 8th June containing the higher average. Too much smoke and mirrors I think. Having been going to speedway for nearly 50 years, nothing changes :rolleyes:

Think I'll go and a lie down in the sun :D

I have never been versed in the dark arts of averages. My reading of the above is:

Cook’s starting average for the season was 7.59.

He subsequently rode twice for Kings Lynn scoring 11 from 5 and 2 from 4 which I calculate to be a four ride average of 5.4. He then guested for us scoring 4 from 4. I make that a seasons average to date of 4.93.

How does this increase his average to 7.82 in Green Sheet 7 published on 8th June? If these are rolling averages then he must have had some rank awful scores dropping off.

1 hour ago, IronScorpion said:

Green Sheet 5 published on 1st June and Green Sheet 6 published on 3rd June still showed his average as 7.59?