British Speedway Forum

Sorry, he don't fit, and you can't have him :nono:

Seriously though, his average as said, has gone up.. But that can't be right, surely?  I can't see how it has gone up since the start of the season. I think you Witches will be ok :t:

19 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Seriously though, his average as said, has gone up.. But that can't be right, surely?  I can't see how it has gone up since the start of the season. I think you Witches will be ok :t:

It’s a rolling average of last 20 meetings. So his meetings this year replaced 1-2 meetings from 2019. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

Of course it will be OK, the rules are only a rough guide this year anyway and their has to be some advantage to Louis being on the board.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

Of course it will be OK, the rules are only a rough guide this year anyway and their has to be some advantage to Louis being on the board.

And people wonder why no one is interested In sponsoring the leagues,,, why it isn't on mainstream TV,,, why crowds keep getting smaller.... Its sold to people as a professional sport,,,, it's basically no different to fake wrestling 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

And people wonder why no one is interested In sponsoring the leagues,,, why it isn't on mainstream TV,,, why crowds keep getting smaller.... Its sold to people as a professional sport,,,, it's basically no different to fake wrestling 

Fake wrestling but at least they are professional actors. Riders can neither act or be considered professional sportsmen given the cowboys that run the sport. Circus might better describe what goes on but even that might be an over generous description. Agree with everything you say apart from the wrestling. Long live World of Sport!!

2 minutes ago, Hawk127 said:

Fake wrestling but at least they are professional actors. Riders can neither act or be considered professional sportsmen given the cowboys that run the sport. Circus might better describe what goes on but even that might be an over generous description. Agree with everything you say apart from the wrestling. Long live World of Sport!!

I put fake wrestling because there is also proper wrestling that looks nothing like it in the olympics

Now,,, why not sell it as an entertainment,,, and you open it up to a whole new market. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Now,,, why not sell it as an entertainment,,, and you open it up to a whole new market. 

Perhaps entertainment is stretching it a bit. Fifteen races in two hours could compete with paint drying. Makes chess look exciting.

13 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

But winning the league gets you half a page coverage in a local newspaper, (just below the the local darts and crib league results), and maybe a nice buffet with the mayor of the town....

Couldn't let that go.....:rolleyes:

21 minutes ago, Hawk127 said:

Perhaps entertainment is stretching it a bit. Fifteen races in two hours could compete with paint drying. Makes chess look exciting.

So what are you paying you 19 quid for? Its not a sport and it's not very entertaing.   Do you pay good money to watch rubbish films at the cinema on a regular basis? 

16 minutes ago, mikebv said:

But winning the league gets you half a page coverage in a local newspaper, (just below the the local darts and crib league results), and maybe a nice buffet with the mayor of the town....

Couldn't let that go.....:rolleyes:

Winning a league you get nothing for,, with a team that's illegal,,, that others knew about,,, but did nothing,,, because next year might be their chance to do it??? 

For some reason I just can't see how this isn't played out in front of millions every week 

1 hour ago, Baldyman said:

Winning a league you get nothing for,, with a team that's illegal,,, that others knew about,,, but did nothing,,, because next year might be their chance to do it??? 

For some reason I just can't see how this isn't played out in front of millions every week 

Indeed, it is a mystery...

Agatha Christieesque....

In my opinion, the two meetings that drop off Cook's Rolling average were 5R 10pts and 5R 13 points.

1 hour ago, Baldyman said:

So what are you paying you 19 quid for? Its not a sport and it's not very entertaing.   Do you pay good money to watch rubbish films at the cinema on a regular basis? 

I don’t pay £19. Netflix at £5.99 for films and the rest is a licence fee for a public service broadcaster that lacks scrutiny and does what it likes which I cannot seem to get out of paying. When speedway bothers to put out seven man teams on a weekly basis and not Mr R/R to make up a team and runs from late March to October, uses local talent who grow into a team and have honed their craft and are not gate and go merchants, puts on individual meetings such as the 16 Lapper, then I might contribute to the coffers of the local promoter but given that this sort of entertainment is now confined to history and decent promoters no longer exist I seem to be saving money. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gambo said:

In my opinion, the two meetings that drop off Cook's Rolling average were 5R 10pts and 5R 13 points.

Kings Lynn only had the 1 meeting on or prior to the 23rd May which, in my opinion, are his only qualifying rides for his new average so only drops one meeting from 2019. His 2nd & other meeting was on the 27th May which comes in to his change of average for the 1st July.