British Speedway Forum

13 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Drew has only struggled at home 

His away average is 2 points higher and more than respectable

I agree with you regarding Kemp away form, i think he is better than Rowe riding away

• Like 1

We had the same with Conner Mountain a few years back,,, couldn't get used to the grippy track at Foxhall but was good away. Watching Drew at Foxhall though, he does seem to get beaten up on turn 1 at the starts. Maybe needs to be a bit tougher 

I agree with you Baldy, I hate being critical of speedway riders as they’re all far braver than I’ll ever be! But he doesn’t seems to have that courage and ruthlessness and determination that you need to get to the very top. 

There’s so many times Where he looks to have the speed to get by someone if he kept the throttle open, but as a gap starts to diminish he seems to immediately shut off and loses his chance. I find it frustrating watching him to be honest. 

• Like 2

On 7/30/2021 at 9:04 PM, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Drew has only struggled at home 

His away average is 2 points higher and more than respectable

Looking at the stats, Kemp is a NL rider at home & a 3rd heat leader away!

Cook taking a break for mental health reasons!

On 7/30/2021 at 7:33 PM, cowboy cookie returns? said:

Fee options to be honest, it's ride this season out & turn attention to 2022 although I think there needs to be a change of direction throughout British speedway next year.

As for Ipswich 22 for me Crump is a no go even if he wants to carry on. The one surprise this year is the form of Kemp I didn't think he would struggle as much as he has.

I agree about Crumpie, don't think he should have come back to be honest.

22 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Cook taking a break for mental health reasons!

Another one

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, TINYS said:

Another one

May be due to Glasgow possibly signing Lawson as the 2 do not get on, apparently.

I think it's common knowledge that I am not a big Cook fan to the extent that his signing was part of the reason I haven't attended the last few meetings

However on a human level I hope he finds the help he needs to feel good in himself and live a happy and fulfilling life

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

May be due to Glasgow possibly signing Lawson as the 2 do not get on, apparently.

What a crass statement! I would remind you and everyone else that keeps suggesting that Glasgow will sign Richard, to have Craig and Richard in the team the club would have to rebuild to a 38 point limit when the current average is 41+ thus weakening the team! 

Edited by SharpenRake
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

What a crass statement! I would remind you and everyone else that keeps suggesting that Glasgow will sign Richard, to have Craig and Richard in the team the club would have to rebuild to a 38 point limit when the current average is 41+ thus weakening the team! 

They dont get on indeed lawson has upset quite a few fellow riders and  ex riders u only had to be at the british final to see that!

12 minutes ago, Mimmo said:

I have bouts of mental health problems, and its only over the past few months that I've "Come Out" to coin a phrase.

Some people told me to buck myself up, which is the worst thing to be told.  Some people don't understand the situation, and I get that, because they won't if they've gone through it.
Some people are very understanding.  I'm currently having a great many demons, but have confidence, and obviously hope, that the people helping me with it, will get me out of the other end of the tunnel.

I like Craig Cook.  I feel for Craig Cook, and I pray he gets the help he needs from this invisible but deadly problem.

Please people, whether you like the man or not, show him the respect and love that both he and his family needs at this present time.  With the right guidance and love, he'll come out the other end with a smile on his face.    

Thank You.

Well said..

Physical illness/disability is often visible.. 

Mental illness/disability often isn't..

Best wishes to Craig...

And to you..

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 9

16 hours ago, Mimmo said:

I have bouts of mental health problems, and its only over the past few months that I've "Come Out" to coin a phrase.

Some people told me to buck myself up, which is the worst thing to be told.  Some people don't understand the situation, and I get that, because they won't if they've gone through it.
Some people are very understanding.  I'm currently having a great many demons, but have confidence, and obviously hope, that the people helping me with it, will get me out of the other end of the tunnel.

I like Craig Cook.  I feel for Craig Cook, and I pray he gets the help he needs from this invisible but deadly problem.

Please people, whether you like the man or not, show him the respect and love that both he and his family needs at this present time.  With the right guidance and love, he'll come out the other end with a smile on his face.    

Thank You.

Spot on.

We never know what's going on in someone's head and we shouldn't interfere with his feelings. If he needs help and support I'm sure that he has people around him to give it. The rest of us should just accept it and wish him well. This is too dangerous a sport to do without full commitment and concentration.

Get well soon Cookie - and take your time.

Edited by Garry1603
  • Like 5