British Speedway Forum

19 hours ago, gazzac said:

Having seen him in his prime, probably time to call it a day, hate for him to have an even worse injury(s) than he had this year. Management maybe a different thing if it materialised , although great riders don't always make great managers think he would be pretty good though. 

There is no doubt the Jason would make a brilliant team manager/coach but one thing I think he would want would be team training/practice facilities.

Someone never giving the credit he deserved by the media for his team managing/rider development skills was Jason's grandfather Neil Street & I would expect Jason to be equally as good!! 

On ‎9‎/‎1‎/‎2021 at 10:36 AM, bigcatdiary said:

Bottom line is Cook withheld his services for whatever reason and clearly Ipswich reported that and rightly got a facility.

The upshot of that is Riders are then given generally a 7 day suspension or longer depending on circumstances, as the Ipswich press release says his return is subject to SCB approval.

A lot of the problem is clubs don’t properly explain riders absences, Pedersen and Palin are missing for the Panthers, nothings been said explaining why, either by Peterborough Plymouth or Scunthorpe.

Its doesn’t help but fuel suspicion and rumour on the internet.

http://scunthorpe-speedway.com/?p=13307

Jordan Palin Racing #10 (@JordanPalinUK) / Twitter

12 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

Where have you seen or read that

Of your referring to the last bit, just taking what Ipswich said officially that Cook would return tonight subject to BSPL/SCB approval. He rode. 

Pretty shocking by the majority of Ipswich riders this year, bar Danny King. He’s been absolutely fantastic in amongst a pile of pure sh!t. 

The likes of Jake Allen (the biggest culprit and at the bottom of the pile of dung) will come up smelling of roses though. 

Now on a very handy average of 4.Something or other, he will no doubt be a trump card for somebody. 

I hope that somebody isn’t Ipswich though. Let someone else benefit from his low average. If he lines up as a Witch next year, count me out. His efforts this year have been pathetic. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Pretty shocking by the majority of Ipswich riders this year, bar Danny King. He’s been absolutely fantastic in amongst a pile of pure sh!t. 

The likes of Jake Allen (the biggest culprit and at the bottom of the pile of dung) will come up smelling of roses though. 

Now on a very handy average of 4.Something or other, he will no doubt be a trump card for somebody. 

I hope that somebody isn’t Ipswich though. Let someone else benefit from his low average. If he lines up as a Witch next year, count me out. His efforts this year have been pathetic. 

Lol 

10 hours ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Of your referring to the last bit, just taking what Ipswich said officially that Cook would return tonight subject to BSPL/SCB approval. He rode. 

Pleased he did, you would have been better served with a guest.

10 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

What will be interesting if he recovers to ride for Redcar 

10 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

That's unlike you to be so scathing,,, it must have really got to you. Anyway, according to Louis in the radio,, there is going to be a complete clear out for next year with only Danny worthy of a place. 

Let's see how that goes. 

5 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

That's unlike you to be so scathing,,, it must have really got to you. Anyway, according to Louis in the radio,, there is going to be a complete clear out for next year with only Danny worthy of a place. 

Let's see how that goes. 

A few riders are on keen averages now though, I wouldn't be surprised if 3 or 4 from this year are in next 

Who is part of the golfing team?

57 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

A few riders are on keen averages now though, I wouldn't be surprised if 3 or 4 from this year are in next 

Who is part of the golfing team?

And that is the problem,,,, but they are on those averages for a reason,,, and it isn't because they have been good. 

Personally I would get shot of most of them to. 

Ipswich don't help themselves by not having an individual to check out the latest young talent from around the world. It seems they are happy ish to just plod along,,if punters still pay. In fact, last nights crowd was very good indeed,,,, Louis is a lucky lad,, 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

What will be interesting if he recovers to ride for Redcar 

Why wouldn't he?He felt crap after his covid jab didn't he?When i had mine i felt absolutely awful the day after like i had the proper flu.But then the day after that i was fine.

• Like 1

looking at the averages

Witches Started with 

Crump 8.00
Klindt 7.43 
King 6.66
Heeps 6.30
Stewart 4.00
Rowe 3.00
Kemp 3.00*

Allen came in on a 5.56 to replace Klindt so Witches already lost 1.87 straight off

Looking at the numbers from the last declaration

Crump 5.54 (a loss of 2.46)
Cook 7.23 (a loss of 0.36 having joined on a 7.59)
King 7.46 (an increase of 0.80)
Allen 4.88 (a loss of 0.68)
Starke 4.85 (an increase of 0.58 having joined on a 4.27)
Rowe 4.84 (an increase of 1.84 on his accessed average, although he had a season high average of 5.49 so could argue a loss)

I think as Chris Louis said last night, the gamble with Crumpy failed, taking the injury aside, would it be any different? I think maybe an averge of 6/6.5 but still a huge drop from a starting average of 8.00, the loss of Klindt was a big loss perhaps the biggest loss of all, then you have 3 riders left 2 of which featured heavily at reserve at one stage and benefited but didn't within the main body of the team, and one rider who was left in the main body of the team who could of benefited from being at reserve for a while.

Unfortunately none of us really see what goes on behind the scenes to understand who what when and why

If its the same regs next season (probably won't be) i'd like to see the following

Danny King 
Sam Jensen
Hans Andersen
Jason Crump
Nicolai Klindt
Jake Allen
Anders Rowe R/S

or if a drop down to the Championship something like

Danny King
Adam Ellis
Jason Crump these 3 as a heat leader trio
maybe a Tom Brennan plus a new foreigner such as Matthew Gilmore or Mads Hansen
two from Drew Kemp / Dan Thompson / Jordan Jenkins for the reserve sports

I think it was spoke about going to two RS next year per team, mind you it'll all change b4 then and probably not for the better either.

13 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

looking at the averages

Witches Started with 

Crump 8.00
Klindt 7.43 
King 6.66
Heeps 6.30
Stewart 4.00
Rowe 3.00
Kemp 3.00*

As much stick as Cam got for his early form (and yes I agree he didn't quite look on it) at the time of his injury he was only 2 race points short of matching his average

Post injury he was for a spell quite frankly dire. I think he probably shouldn't have been riding in truth. More recently though he has shown some signs of better form

Wouldn't be shocked at all to see him back