British Speedway Forum

3 hours ago, mikebv said:

One  way to do that is share the 'old heads' around rather than having three or four (even in the 2nd Div) per team..

Max two riders over "whatever mean figure exists", per team, for a set number of named riders..

Or even one "old head" over average "x" per team if one big league...

Unfortunately the sport in the UK is simply set up for giving these "older heads" as many opportunities to race as possible and Promoters to feel good about themselves by some fans colluding with them that what they watch is "real"....

So it won't happen....

So more of the same crock of 'Barry White" no doubt to be served up next year. ..

Age discrimination is illegal, can't see a rule being allowed that limits how many 30/40 years olds teams can use!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

Age discrimination is illegal, can't see a rule being allowed that limits how many 30/40 years olds teams can use!

You wouldn't. ..

It would be based on averages...

Averages that invariably the more experienced and better riders (old heads), have higher than their less experienced and lesser capable counterparts..

At the moment some clubs in Div 2 have three of these riders, which is too many if you want a  more equal, affordable league, and also means less places per septet for developing riders..

Interesting to note though that age is actually used at RS level as a criteria determinate...

9 hours ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

You will be pleased to know that Jake did recover from his covid jab and scored in every ride for Redcar tonight. 
now who would have thought it !!!!!

You're the only one who cares 

• Thanks 1

RE Jake Allen - Totally plausible, I was good for nothing the day after my second job, the next day after that, right as rain, completely back to normal.

38 minutes ago, marko said:

RE Jake Allen - Totally plausible, I was good for nothing the day after my second job, the next day after that, right as rain, completely back to normal.

Perhaps it would have been a good idea to have the jab the day after a meeting rather than a day before

• Like 3

11 hours ago, mikebv said:

You wouldn't. ..

It would be based on averages...

Averages that invariably the more experienced and better riders (old heads), have higher than their less experienced and lesser capable counterparts..

At the moment some clubs in Div 2 have three of these riders, which is too many if you want a  more equal, affordable league, and also means less places per septet for developing riders..

Interesting to note though that age is actually used at RS level as a criteria determinate...

Both age & experience are used!

18 hours ago, mikebv said:

One  way to do that is share the 'old heads' around rather than having three or four (even in the 2nd Div) per team..

Max two riders over "whatever mean figure exists", per team, for a set number of named riders..

Or even one "old head" over average "x" per team if one big league...

Unfortunately the sport in the UK is simply set up for giving these "older heads" as many opportunities to race as possible and Promoters to feel good about themselves by some fans colluding with them that what they watch is "real"....

So it won't happen....

So more of the same crock of 'Barry White" no doubt to be served up next year. ..

Alternatively just sign better riders with the budget and points limit available.

1 minute ago, Flappy said:

Alternatively just sign better riders with the budget and points limit available.

Each club could have an enormous budget, and set a 50 point limit..

There will still be teams (rich teams in this scenario) that wont be able to compete due to a lack of available riders to fill all the teams.. 

Heaven knows what would have happened if so many tracks who have closed over the past decade hadn't done so...

It would have been "best pairs" every week..

First time visitor at Ipswich on Thursday night and I was greatly impressed with the facility, I sat right at the very top of the big stand down the back straight and the almost bird's eye view of the track was brilliant, although I couldn't hear the announcer very well (which may have been a good thing, depends on how annoying he is haha) Brilliant night in the end and well done on Peterborough who looked the much better team... Just wish the racing was slightly better, but you can't have everything I suppose

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Diamonds85 said:

First time visitor at Ipswich on Thursday night and I was greatly impressed with the facility, I sat right at the very top of the big stand down the back straight and the almost bird's eye view of the track was brilliant, although I couldn't hear the announcer very well (which may have been a good thing, depends on how annoying he is haha) Brilliant night in the end and well done on Peterborough who looked the much better team... Just wish the racing was slightly better, but you can't have everything I suppose

You wish the racing was slightly better,,, now let me tell you,,,,that meeting had the most passes seen at Foxhall in many many years,,, and some ipswich fans will tell you the racing was brilliant,, or fantastic.  For Ipswich,, that was a very good one,, especially in the first half of meeting...

Edited by Baldyman
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, mikebv said:

Each club could have an enormous budget, and set a 50 point limit..

There will still be teams (rich teams in this scenario) that wont be able to compete due to a lack of available riders to fill all the teams.. 

Heaven knows what would have happened if so many tracks who have closed over the past decade hadn't done so...

It would have been "best pairs" every week..

The premier league whilst always needing a bigger pool of riders, that's Poland calling the shots has been a decent watch this year 

5 hours ago, Baldyman said:

You wish the racing was slightly better,,, now let me tell you,,,,that meeting had the most passes seen at Foxhall in many many years,,, and some ipswich fans will tell you the racing was brilliant,, or fantastic.  For Ipswich,, that was a very good one,, especially in the first half of meeting...

Haha really? Yous need to get yourselves to Redcar or Plymouth then :D Honestly the racing wasn't terrible, but it wasn't brilliant either, one of my favourite stadiums though for sure

10 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

Haha really? Yous need to get yourselves to Redcar or Plymouth then :D Honestly the racing wasn't terrible, but it wasn't brilliant either, one of my favourite stadiums though for sure

Yeah if we had a good track to go with stadium,, it would be fantastic.  Our track prep is good,, just unfortunately we can't make the corners longer and straights shorter. 

On 9/4/2021 at 5:39 PM, Baldyman said:

That was easily one of the better meetings at Ipswich in the last few years, generally it’s gate and go but their were several overtakes Thursday, unfortunately for Ipswich fans most of them were done by Panthers.

Worse thing about Ipswich is the bloody road works and detours on the A14 coming home, it’s been like that for the last few times we have visited Foxhall.

Edited by bigcatdiary

1 hour ago, bigcatdiary said:

That was easily one of the better meetings at Ipswich in the last few years, generally it’s gate and go but their were several overtakes Thursday, unfortunately for Ipswich fans most of them were done by Panthers.

Worse thing about Ipswich is the bloody road works and detours on the A14 coming home, it’s been like that for the last few times we have visited Foxhall.

That's exactly my point,,, someone saying it could be better,,, but thats the best we have seen for years,,, our track really is poor for racing,,,,, some fans of other teams a very lucky having the tracks they do.  

• Like 1