British Speedway Forum

I think crump will average 6+. There are clearly a lack of riders wanting to ride in the UK. Given some time he will find his feet. It's an interesting signing but enjoy it! This is one of those signings where nobody knows what to expect. And thats the excitement of it.

27 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Peterborough are yes. that's why he's ended up at Ipswich

Thanks Sherlock 

Crump rode at the highest level for years and is used to winning but after 8 years out he won’t be anywhere near his former self.  
what’s his reactions going to be like and his attitude if he only gets three or four points. 
he might be a witch but I can’t cheer for him

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Crump rode at the highest level for years and is used to winning but after 8 years out he won’t be anywhere near his former self.  
what’s his reactions going to be like and his attitude if he only gets three or four points. 
he might be a witch but I can’t cheer for him

You won't be there will ya, staying at home

Edited by Baldyman
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Hopefully they will put Drew next to Jason in the pits 

i think Crumpy would like to be next to his Aussie bro’s Jake and Cam.... 

1 minute ago, szkocjasid said:

Given how long he's been out of (full time) speedway, an 8.21 ave seems very harsh!

Don't worry, it won't be that for long!!!;):o

• Like 1

Welcome back Crumple. Wish he had signed for his local team Swindon.

• Like 1

Jason Crump's return, at whatever age, is exciting. He was one of speedway's last superstars (in my eyes). Luckily for British speedway, the other - Nicki Pedersen - is also showing his face again.

These names mean more with their presence than the points they will score. The sport just doesn't have bums-on-seaters anymore. I'd disregard their tallies and just be thankful they've chosen to bless these shores again. Your team winning isn't always as important as the sport itself. And British speedway has received a boost with these two returning.

All the best to both. 

Edited by moxey63
  • Like 5

I think that this is a gamble on all fronts rider ,team ,he won't come cheap I hope he is something like the rider he was but I have reservations about that .I have been told that once a rider retires there mindset chnges this is  usually why they are never as good as they have been and they lose touch with  pressure plus  bcome more aware of the dangers once they step away.I am certain this has happen to Greg Hancock( never believed he would ride again once he stopped ) he's probably recently did a few sessions and all of a sudden the reality dawn on him  .

The Pl is not the GP'S but the same risks exist in all racing and IMO that's what will defeat JC old riders lose their nerve and concentration  hence they seem to fall off a lot more  ,I witnessed this in PK in his last season for Wolves and he'd not been retired for ever  .Sorry folks think this is a big mistake in all parts but I do wish the team and JC all the best and hope I am wrong !

Edited by FAST GATER
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, FAST GATER said:

I think that this is a gamble on all fronts rider ,team ,he won't come cheap I hope he is something like the rider he was but I have reservations about that .I have been told that once a rider retires there mindset chnges this is  usually why they are never as good as they have been and they lose touch with  pressure plus  bcome more aware of the dangers once they step away.I am certain this has happen to Greg Hancock( never believed he would ride again once he stopped ) he's probably recently did a few sessions and all of a sudden the reality dawn on him  .

The Pl is not the GP'S but the same risks exist in all racing and IMO that's what will defeat JC old riders lose their nerve and concentration  hence they seem to fall off a lot more  ,I witnessed this in PK in his last season for Wolves and he'd not been retired for ever  .Sorry folks think this is a big mistake in all parts but I do wish the team and JC all the best and hope I am wrong !

A good point. I remember Shawn Moran making a comeback and realising he had "lost his bottle", so he retired again.

How long was Ronnie Correy out before his short return to Wolves?

And when he returned, he was solid reserve but nothing more. 

Can Crumpy become solid second string?

Crump is a proud man. If after a couple of meetings he realises he’s nowhere near it then Ipswich won’t even have that decision to make. Crump himself will make it IMO. 

But, you just don’t know. It’s gonna be very interesting to see what level he’s at and I’ll bet all eyes will be on Ipswich’ first fixture. 

Could really do with him riding the Ben fund too. Good practice, decent yardstick of his current ability and would surely boost the coffers hugely which is the name of the game for this meeting.