Jump to content
British Speedway Forum

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Or much good. Whatever happened to those pie rats

Witches sunk them in 2019...... :t:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So what colours do we think race suits will be? 

I thought last years was good,,, bikes as well. I did hear and see a fair few saying they couldn't tell who is who under the not so bright lights. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

So what colours do we think race suits will be? 

I thought last years was good,,, bikes as well. I did hear and see a fair few saying they couldn't tell who is who under the not so bright lights. 

Hopefully very similar to last years, far and away the smartest I've seen tbh, possibly a bit of pink included this year :unsure:

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Badge said:

Hopefully very similar to last years, far and away the smartest I've seen tbh, possibly a bit of pink included this year :unsure:

Agree with that - perhaps it's too late to incorporate it into the main design but pink gloves are available. An easy and inexpensive alternative which would make the same point

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Great idea,,,, Troy Lee do a nice pair of pink gloves,,, only 20 ish quid

I'm sure the MASSIF would start by sponsoring Jake's as our rider of the the year for 2019

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We'll the offer has been sent to Jake , and I've also messaged to club about it as well .

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Baldyman said:

So what colours do we think race suits will be? 

I thought last years was good,,, bikes as well. I did hear and see a fair few saying they couldn't tell who is who under the not so bright lights. 


 

Thought last years suits were very good, never understand people moaning they can’t tell who’s who - they tell you before the race who’s in it, as does the program and they were different colour helmets to differentiate :blink:

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, 89buttons said:


 

Thought last years suits were very good, never understand people moaning they can’t tell who’s who - they tell you before the race who’s in it, as does the program and they were different colour helmets to differentiate :blink:

And have different numbers on there backs,,,, and normally different styles. Think it's mainly the older fans,,   back in the so and so years and all that.   And does it matter who is in first and second,,, they both represent your team. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In terms of rider numbers it probably would help several if they were a little larger. I also concede that under lights helmet colours can be a bit tricky to pick out (especially when faded/stained and this should be stamped out on its white no grey/blue tint). Maybe the away side should have yellow and black quarters and black and white stripes?

As for the pink troy lee gloves i hope they have plenty of stock in......beautiful idea 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Baldyman said:

So what colours do we think race suits will be? 

I thought last years was good,,, bikes as well. I did hear and see a fair few saying they couldn't tell who is who under the not so bright lights. 

Dump them and let the riders have their own race suits and pay for them/advertise with them.  I know I'm seemingly in a minority here but I'm perfectly capable of telling apart the riders from each team without them having to be in clone suits.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Dump them and let the riders have their own race suits and pay for them/advertise with them.  I know I'm seemingly in a minority here but I'm perfectly capable of telling apart the riders from each team without them having to be in clone suits.

Do you not think matching suits and bike covers look much, much more professional than a collection of waifs and strays in random colours? Race jackets worked in the eighties but this is a completely different era with tv coverage and team sponsors, social media etc. Teams and riders need to look as professional as possible. There is a reason that pretty much all other team sports have matching team wear for all team members. 

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Do you not think matching suits and bike covers look much, much more professional than a collection of waifs and strays in random colours? Race jackets worked in the eighties but this is a completely different era with tv coverage and team sponsors, social media etc. Teams and riders need to look as professional as possible. There is a reason that pretty much all other team sports have matching team wear for all team members. 

No, I don't.  And I also remember some fantastic race suits some of the riders wore, looking very professional in the coordination with their machinery etc.  Of course I'm not stupid and understand the points you've made except I don't agree on the need for team suits.

TV coverage of course in the 70s/80s was less frequent but did air on shows such as World Of Sport, watched by millions rather than the tens of thousands who tune into the BT Sport coverage.  Additionally, in those days it wasn't just teams that were sponsored, the whole league was!

We could go further down the clone track of course, have the same helmets and ditch helmet colours because they no longer serve any purpose either because it's easy to see who's on each team - except for the new signings, guests etc. :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy