British Speedway Forum

12 minutes ago, Spl77 said:

I see that Mr Louis liked a tweet by Mr Klint could be a sign 

Those two often exchange banter on twitter they seem to get on well. Obviously you can read far too much in to this kind of thing but there’s little bits here and there that all point to a move being more than possible. Louis knows Klindt would be an asset to our side seeing as how well he rides the place. Nigel Pearson revealed on BT that Louis had told him he was fearful of Klindt doing the damage before the play offs as he was so good there. 

You’ve also got little things like this from yesterday 

You can interpret that in different ways I suppose but like I say, all the little things that all add up. I’ll hold my hands up if I’m wrong but I’m almost certain he’ll be a Witch next year. 

• Like 1

Who will the Witches drop to get Nicolai in on 7.43? Or will it be a straight replacement for NKI?

Harris, Lawson out klindt and covatti in. 

If Danny fancies a year at Sheffield, I would be happy with that to

Nki.

Klindt

Schlien

Heeps 

Allen

Covatti/nicholls

????? 

Edited by Baldyman
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Who will the Witches drop to get Nicolai in on 7.43? Or will it be a straight replacement for NKI?

Agree with Baldyman I think it’ll be Harris and Lawson that drop out from this years team. Don’t think NKI would return anyway even if he decides to do a full year here. He’ll be at Lynn if he does IMO. 

Klindt, King, Heeps and Allen, plus three others. Depends how they go about next years team, if we want a strong reserve then Klindt will end up number 1. If we choose to go with one or even two low averaged reserves, we might have the points to get someone else at the top end. 

My opinion is Klindt will be our number 1. 

I'm sure you  will be right, and imo, that team won't be good enough to win league, as although Swindon will have to shed from this season, they will still go top heavy, imo top heavy will always win

Losing the Poole track could help us a bit,  we  may have a couple of riders that would score better at sheffield

Edited by Baldyman

20 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Harris, Lawson out klindt and covatti in. 

If Danny fancies a year at Sheffield, I would be happy with that to. 

I know it seems harsh to say as he clearly loves Ipswich and is settled here, but I personally wouldn’t keep King on his average it looks expensive to me and there’s better value elsewhere. 

Little point debating this one though in all honesty  

2 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

I know it seems harsh to say as he clearly loves Ipswich and is settled here, but I personally wouldn’t keep King on his average it looks expensive to me and there’s better value elsewhere. 

Little point debating this one though in all honesty  

There could be better value than king, but like you say,  won't happen. Which brings me to something which has been said before, we are just too nice to be winners. 

Hmmm dunno if I'd want a Poole rider in my team #averagemanipulation :@

55 minutes ago, Trees said:

Why does everyone say that about Poole riders? Are there any examples of it? When we had Ward at Swindon his average was only going one way despite the fact everyone said he would be lowering it for the following year. Low scores = low pay so can't see it myself. Poole are skint so are hardly going to be paying anyone a retainer to score badly.

• Like 1

Plus didn’t Matt Ford or someone else say recently that IF they dropped to the championship, it wouldn’t be a short term fix but they’d be in it for the long haul or something along those lines?

If that’s the case then it would make zero sense for a rider with ties to Poole, to drop his average next season. 

On Klindt, I’ve seen one or two question whether he’d be good value on his current average, but I think he’ll push that to over 8 next year riding Foxhall every week. 

3 hours ago, thecoombdog said:

Why does everyone say that about Poole riders? Are there any examples of it? When we had Ward at Swindon his average was only going one way despite the fact everyone said he would be lowering it for the following year. Low scores = low pay so can't see it myself. Poole are skint so are hardly going to be paying anyone a retainer to score badly.

Davey watt at Eastbourne. He was number one and in the final month of the season he hardly scored a point and his average plummeted. Surprise surprise the following year he rejoins Poole and his average rockets 

4 hours ago, Trees said:

why not 

6 hours ago, Trees said:

You seemed quite happy to have Chris Holder at KL though. Actually one of the few KL fans positive about it! And if we are in a different league, average manipulation has no purpose! 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Davey watt at Eastbourne. He was number one and in the final month of the season he hardly scored a point and his average plummeted. Surprise surprise the following year he rejoins Poole and his average rockets 

On 11/4/2019 at 7:44 PM, Baldyman said:

I'm sure you  will be right, and imo, that team won't be good enough to win league, as although Swindon will have to shed from this season, they will still go top heavy, imo top heavy will always win

Losing the Poole track could help us a bit,  we  may have a couple of riders that would score better at sheffield

Swindon’s top 5 were fantastic but don’t under estimate the points both reserves got at the business end of the season.

• Like 1