British Speedway Forum

5 hours ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Yup along with all the PL rising stars....

Indeed, no mention of this tho on the official site before tho.Ā 

6 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Looks like there are 6 criteria but you only have to fit 1 to qualify.....:blink::rolleyes:

So is "being related to one of the directors of BSP Ltd" one of the criteria?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Baldyman said:

I have a feeling they asked each club who they would like to use, then made up some random rule to make that viable

Really? British Speedway? Surely not?

:D

Ā 

I may have read the SpeedwayGB website incorrectly

so they are either 24 or have less than 3 years racing in the Championship & Premiership so not sure how old Bates is, if Bacon is 28 he's given grace for not having ridden in the top two leagues for 3 seasons?

Ā 

Ā 

The rising star criteria can also be explained in full.

Rising Stars riders are 24 as of the 1st January of the current year or have less than three years professional league experience to also allow other motorbike sport crossovers ie: motocross, grasstrack etc, have an average under a Premiership League CMA (Calculated Match Average) of 5.50, or under a Championship League CMA of 6.50.

Riders whose average is above a Premiership League CMA of 3.00 and a Championship League CMA of 3.50 are classified as a 4-star rider.

Riders whose average is below a Championship League CMA of 3.50 and above 3.00 are classified as 3-star rider.

Riders whose average is assessed or has a minimum Championship League CMA of 2.00 and below 3.00 are classified as a 2-star rider.

Riders who have not competed in any professional league are classified as a 1-star rider.

Edited by Falcon1983
more info

49 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

so they are either 24 or have less than 3 years racing in the Championship & Premiership so not sure how old Bates is, if Bacon is 28 he's given grace for not having ridden in the top two leagues for 3 seasons?

Ā 

Ā 

The rising star criteria can also be explained in full.

Rising Stars riders are 24 as of the 1st January of the current year or have less than three years professional league experience to also allow other motorbike sport crossovers ie: motocross, grasstrack etc, have an average under a Premiership League CMA (Calculated Match Average) of 5.50, or under a Championship League CMA of 6.50.

Riders whose average is above a Premiership League CMA of 3.00 and a Championship League CMA of 3.50 are classified as a 4-star rider.

Riders whose average is below a Championship League CMA of 3.50 and above 3.00 are classified as 3-star rider.

Riders whose average is assessed or has a minimum Championship League CMA of 2.00 and below 3.00 are classified as a 2-star rider.

Riders who have not competed in any professional league are classified as a 1-star rider.

Very conveniently Bates was 25 on Feb 1st...... has a Prem ave just under 5.50 ......and a Champ ave just under 6.50 ........:rolleyes:

Is everyone getting it yet....... Looks like the criteria were written using the Bates career bio as a templateĀ :)

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Very conveniently Bates was 25 on Feb 1st...... has a Prem ave just under 5.50 ......and a Champ ave just under 6.50 ........:rolleyes:

Is everyone getting it yet....... Looks like the criteria were written using the Bates career bio as a templateĀ :)

As with so much of what the "powers that be" so unfairly get criticised for regularly on here..

A complete "coincidence" I am sure that he meets the exact required criteria on so many levels.....;)

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

My thoughts exactly.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, tellboy said:

My thoughts exactly.

No problem at all, unless a family member (say an uncle) was a member of the management committee.

Ā 

Oh whoops!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 16/02/2021 at 5:25 PM, Falcon1983 said:

Rising Stars riders are 24 as of the 1st January of the current year or have less than three years professional league experienceĀ 

Bacon has had 2 seasons at Peterborough (17&18) & one at Redcar (19) how does he qualify?

Edited by szkocjasid

23 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Bacon has had 2 seasons at Peterborough (17&18) & one at Redcar (19) how does he qualify?

I'm assuming as he didn't complete the full season for Redcar it doesn't count.

26 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Discounting the 2019 season which was cut short by injury?

1 hour ago, NeilWatson said:

Discounting the 2019 season which was cut short by injury?

Bates will qualify forever then......;)

• Haha 5