2 minutes ago, Gavan said:

1. Holder

2. Allen

3. Heeps

4. King

5. Klindt

6. Covatti

7. Ayres

If that ends up being the line up then the challenge from Louis to Allen and Heeps has to be 'take King's third heat leader spot away from him'.

I think if Ipswich really do want to compete.... now I know I have no clue what Pedersen is on at Sheffield but he must be at least on around £3k+ a meeting

What I would like to see from the promotion is the Witches to go out and get a Pole, and a top level one at that....

Bartosz isn't going to happen thats for sure, but there might be some kind of possiblity for Dudek or Janowski

I say Janowski because he has come here before, and has he not been left out of the Polish national squad for 2020? not sure on his Swedish commitments yet either

But lets look at it as not much of a gamble but there are 5,000 poles + living in Ipswich/Felixstowe and 12,000 located in Suffolk... i've met a fair number of these poles (well say about 100) and they are all mainly younger generation who come here and work then go home or come here and settle but send money home etc. I would say out of this 100 there have been about 40 of them who like Speedway, about a dozen who have attended Cardiff or watch speedway live when they go home

so if the Witches went and got Janowski in who is a big name Pole, paid £3k per meeting

Average out at £18 entry into Foxhall, thats an extra 167 people through the gate to cover that cost, I would imagine you would most likely see an extra 100 or so non-poles if Witches got Janowski and if marketed correctly in the local area and on social media then you would see more of the polish community come to Speedway more frequently and thus covering the cost of the wages to Janowski.

For me, I am hoping that something along these lines is seriously being looked at by the club, if GN is willing to add a bit of sponsorship in there too etc. it could work

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

I think if Ipswich really do want to compete.... now I know I have no clue what Pedersen is on at Sheffield but he must be at least on around £3k+ a meeting

What I would like to see from the promotion is the Witches to go out and get a Pole, and a top level one at that....

Bartosz isn't going to happen thats for sure, but there might be some kind of possiblity for Dudek or Janowski

I say Janowski because he has come here before, and has he not been left out of the Polish national squad for 2020? not sure on his Swedish commitments yet either

But lets look at it as not much of a gamble but there are 5,000 poles + living in Ipswich/Felixstowe and 12,000 located in Suffolk... i've met a fair number of these poles (well say about 100) and they are all mainly younger generation who come here and work then go home or come here and settle but send money home etc. I would say out of this 100 there have been about 40 of them who like Speedway, about a dozen who have attended Cardiff or watch speedway live when they go home

so if the Witches went and got Janowski in who is a big name Pole, paid £3k per meeting

Average out at £18 entry into Foxhall, thats an extra 167 people through the gate to cover that cost, I would imagine you would most likely see an extra 100 or so non-poles if Witches got Janowski and if marketed correctly in the local area and on social media then you would see more of the polish community come to Speedway more frequently and thus covering the cost of the wages to Janowski.

For me, I am hoping that something along these lines is seriously being looked at by the club, if GN is willing to add a bit of sponsorship in there too etc. it could work

keep dreaming you will wake up to reality one day :rofl:

46 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

Could be £3k plus flights, van etc. Take off the VAT and you would need at least 400 fans paying full price just to make the £3k. They ride away too, and need paying...

Good luck with that one :blink:

Edited by Bald Bloke

1 hour ago, Falcon1983 said:

Bartosz isn't going to happen thats for sure, but there might be some kind of possiblity for Dudek or Janowksi 

Who says they havent tried?

Zmarlzik, Dudek, Janowksi, Emil, Laguta x2. All based in Poland but why would any of these ride for £3k in this country with all the hassle it brings to them? Same goes for Hancock and Woffinden

These SGP stars would want £3k to just get out of bed and turn up... then add in points money etc. 

I'm led to believe an Ex Ipswich no 1 from the last time the Witches were in the top league was on £3k back then....

A "Top" rider will only return to ride in our league if it suits them... e.g. Nicki Pedersen 

Iversen , Zager, Lindgren and Lindback are the next hopefuls. And after the SGP boys it's the likes of Jepsen Jensen, Milik, Smolinski and are they really what we are looking for? 

I hope the allure of the Sponsors money does hook not only a top rider but a top racer afterall it's what we have been used to over the years... maybe Smektala, Kubera or Drabik could be tempted but are they really what we need at no 1 and certainly not what Chris Louis has said he wants....

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Well if he does go to Peterborough,,, think that shows the witches have no clout in the top league.  

Or nobody wants Foxhole as a home track baldy lol

I only used 3k as a figure as that's the rumoured amount Zagar was on just to show up.

Time will soon tell

Chris holder would be the icing on the cake ,he has to step it up in 2020 if he wants gp dollars ,and the rest will all improve averages

holder

heeps

king

allen

klindt

covatti

ayres

8 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

Or nobody wants Foxhole as a home track baldy lol

I only used 3k as a figure as that's the rumoured amount Zagar was on just to show up.

Time will soon tell

Thought Sarg was 3k for finals

14 minutes ago, Spiderman1 said:

Chris holder would be the icing on the cake ,he has to step it up in 2020 if he wants gp dollars ,and the rest will all improve averages

holder

heeps

king

allen

klindt

covatti

ayres

Holder would be good

King should improve as last season I saw some woeful home performances 

Heeps I cant see him increasing, would like to see it but he is one I wouldn't have brought back on his current average

Allen should improve

Klindt should see a slight increase 

Covatti I think is the same bracket as heeps, will be strong at 6/7 then when in the main body may struggle

Ayres would be good if he just scores his average

So 3 or 4 increases among that septet 

But as ever it is all just opinions 

Don't see King improving, he has been the same standard for 10 years. Holder wouldn't be number 1 as average lower than Klindt.    Would be a reasonable signing,,, but he is clearly no where near the rider he used to be,,, but you would imagine his average would go up a bit. Getting a visa is a different issue, and I would imagine a pretty big hurdle to overcome. 

Anyone know if Heeps has been training hard and keeping lean?   A few hours gating practice wouldn't hurt. 

What I would say though is,  a reserve pairing of say covatti/allen or Allen Nicholls would prob score more points a meeting than Holder and Ayres 

Edited by Baldyman