British Speedway Forum

Klindt

Hans

King

Allen

Heeps

Covatti

Nicholls

42.5 on the dot before you take away 2.5% reductions. Always going to have 2 strong reserves.

7 minutes ago, blue witch said:

Klindt

Hans

King

Allen

Heeps

Covatti

Nicholls

42.5 on the dot before you take away 2.5% reductions. Always going to have 2 strong reserves.

That would be the best team in the circumstances.

4 minutes ago, DC2 said:

That would be the best team in the circumstances.

Or with reductions Harris would fit instead of Hans? Not great at home but helps away from home

28 minutes ago, blue witch said:

Klindt

Hans

King

Allen

Heeps

Covatti

Nicholls

I would expect a return to Peterborough for Hans.

29 minutes ago, blue witch said:

Klindt

Hans

King

Allen

Heeps

Covatti

Nicholls

Very similar to last season.

Strong and steady but will fall away in the big races and against someone like Swindon, who come strong after heat 11, that team would really struggle.

Under the circumstances though, that's the best way for Ipswich to go.

2 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I would expect a return to Peterborough for Hans.

Ipswich and Peterborough will have very similar patterns.

No out and out number 1 but solid throughout with good reserves.

I think the teams with a genuine top 3 will fair better. BV, Swindon and Sheffield

Just now, acef said:

Ipswich and Peterborough will have very similar patterns.

No out and out number 1 but solid throughout with good reserves.

I think the teams with a genuine top 3 will fair better. BV, Swindon and Sheffield

If Peterborough can get Harris and Hans along with MPT they will have the basis of a very good team.

1 minute ago, foreverblue said:

If Peterborough can get Harris and Hans along with MPT they will have the basis of a very good team.

And they will build well around it I'm sure.

My concern would be big heats. So let's say 13 for example, Tungate and MPT Vs Batchelor and Doyle. It's a heat advantage to Swindon 9 times from 10 and those races, in the last quarter of the meeting, where both Ipswich and Peterborough will fall away.

Will always be in meetings but when it really matters and when it comes to handing out trophy's, I think both will miss out.

End of the day the league needs restructuring so all teams have an out and out number 1.

2 hours ago, Richard Weston said:

No 1 positions at Ipswich last year was a bit of a revolving door but it didn't turn at all shabby in the end.

I'll probably take some flak for this but I think Ipswich over achieved last season. I'll admit I had them down to finish well out of the play offs. I think we all did. Take nothing away from them, but that performance in the final was how I was expecting the entire season to pan out. Think they just ran out of steam.

2 minutes ago, acef said:

Very similar to last season.

Strong and steady but will fall away in the big races and against someone like Swindon, who come strong after heat 11, that team would really struggle.

Under the circumstances though, that's the best way for Ipswich to go.

Swindon will be good in 13 & 15 but would have Perks/Stewart against Nicholls/Covatti/Allen/Heeps in heats 12 and 14, so 3-3s might be the best they could hope for.

I can’t see Rowe picking up any points away from home and Swindon will concede a lot of heat advantages in heats 2 & 8 (and possibly in 4, 12 & 14)

Let’s face it, from the riders available, no one, can match Swindon’s top three or four, so building with strength in depth is far better than trying to compete with the same strategy but having weaker riders.

I think the teams that have gone for strong top fives, Belle Vue and Sheffield, will be more exposed when one of their riders has an off night.

That Ipswich team looks like it could cover two riders having an off night and I think it’s the best way to go, making them joint favourites with Swindon.

15 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

If Peterborough can get Harris and Hans along with MPT they will have the basis of a very good team........ 

.........in the Championship 

Edited by Daniel Smith

Klindt is a solid signing,good round Foxhall and to be fair most other tracks,im not good on averages as you Guys,but assuming Danny King will be the 4th Witch announced,does the signing of Klindt now rule out Chris Holder or a Proper Number 1,and have we still got a chance of Nicholls and Covatti at Reserve,or is that me dreaming.

10 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Swindon will be good in 13 & 15 but would have Perks/Stewart against Nicholls/Covatti/Allen/Heeps in heats 12 and 14, so 3-3s might be the best they could hope for.

I can’t see Rowe picking up any points away from home and Swindon will concede a lot of heat advantages in heats 2 & 8 (and possibly in 4, 12 & 14)

Let’s face it, from the riders available, no one, can match Swindon’s top three or four, so building with strength in depth is far better than trying to compete with the same strategy but having weaker riders.

I think the teams that have gone for strong top fives, Belle Vue and Sheffield, will be more exposed when one of their riders has an off night.

That Ipswich team looks like it could cover two riders having an off night and I think it’s the best way to go, making them joint favourites with Swindon.

BV will cover it better. Despite the quality of the top 5 we have much better reserves this time. Better than Swindon and Sheffield imo.

Ipswich don't need a No.1 and neither do Peterborough. Only 2 legit No.1's in this league Doyle & R. Lambert.

What ever Ipswich & Peterborough lose out on in Heats 13 & 15 against teams like Sheffield & Swindon will be levelled out because Ipswich & Peterborough will hit a 5-1 9 times out of 10 in Heat 2 whilst having the beating of reserve pairings like Perks & Rowe, A. Morris & T. Kurtz. 

Solid 1-7 is better than a No.1 and weak reserves. 

Out and out No.1 means nothing if tail end isn't up to scratch. 

For example

Doyle, Batch & Jensen would outscore Klindt, King and the other HL but at the same time. Allen, Covatti & the other TBA would outscore Stewart, Perks & Rowe by the same margin. 

26 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Don't under estimate Lidsey in his last 3 home meetings his scores were 11 + 2, 15 + 3, 13 + 1.Beating Batchelor twice Jensen twice Masters, Cook and R Lambert.This young man is very much on his way up.If he continues his improvement we could have Worrall as our reserve considering you class him as part of a strong top 5 I think we might do ok next season.