British Speedway Forum

To clear it up Harris and King were disappointing. Niels had some bad luck. We need some gaters next year along with someone who can ride the inside. 

Fair enough all matters of opinion, from my perspective niels was winning two races that were rerun, in both reruns the opposing riders got big flyers that should have been pulled back particularly Musielak, and as we saw last night those that got put in front mostly stayed there.

This team has obviously rode above themselves most of the season so their averages will reflect that for some anyway so based on current average 

I'd keep 

Allen

NKI but doubt he wants it

The rest I would let go

9 hours ago, False dawn said:

For sure, NKI was unlucky to lose points on the back of race stoppages. But Jason Doyle apart, I expected him to dominant proceedings. That was an average performance by his standards. I like him and want to see him excel. But I was disappointed tonight.

But for re runs Niels would have had 14...............

He doesnt really like Foxhall where as Swindon have top 5 or 6 that all tend to go well at our place

I though Niels did fine last night

King and to a lesser extent Harris were poor last night 

Edited by Gavan

41 minutes ago, Gavan said:

He doesnt really like Foxhall [NKI]

Bit of a strange late season signing if that's true. No offence, but as a neutral I viewed his signing as a means to make something of the season at a a very late stage. I guess making the final is a measure of success but has NKI really sparkled? Last time I saw him ride, he made the final in the GP in Torun alongside the best three in the world. 

It's as simple as this

If NKI can gate and lead a race which is then stopped then he can gate, lead and win the rerun, no excuses really

So none of this "would have scored 14" he didn't score 14 and was poor but not the worst rider

If that was a grand prix final and he had a world title on the line you'd expect him to jump out the start no matter how many restarts 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, fliss44 said:

There were 2 grand prix riders tonight both who have suffered setbacks and Doyle despite ending in the dirt twice and being run over accidentally by his team mate managed to score 11 from 4 finishes and NKI won 1 race.

But how does that mean he wasn’t ‘up for it’? To me that phrase means he was not motivated and didn’t put the effort or commitment into his riding and I just don’t think that is the case at all. As I’ve said on another thread there isn’t necessarily a direct link between effort and points, especially on a track where if you miss the gate you are more often than not screwed.

5 hours ago, Falcon1983 said:

This team has obviously rode above themselves most of the season so their averages will reflect that for some anyway so based on current average 

I'd keep 

Allen

NKI but doubt he wants it

The rest I would let go

I dont belive riders like King and Lawson and certainly Harris have ridden above themselves at all

Lets not kid ourselves our success was built on a great run of results early on with Cam and Jake at reserve

I would keep Cam and Jake.....Cam mainly for the only real entertainment we have seen this season at Foxhall 

Would love Niels to stay but cant see it

I think Danny will always be with us 

Then fill in the other 3...just as long as neither Bomber or Sarjeant come back

If Poole drop down we need to get Klindt and Josh or at least one of them

Its been a very good season,dont think many of us expected to be in the Play Off final when our original 7 was announced,havent been to many meetings i will admit,but the few i have been to have been enjoyable,and although we didnt really do very well last night,it was still nice to be apart of play off final night at Foxhall. I do agree that 2 riders in particular were poor last night,Harris and Danny for me were well below par,Neils,for me was unlucky in a couple of heats,but sadly in the end Swindon were just better,apart from Batchelor,who again was very poor.

I agree its a bit early to pick a 7,but i do love reading all your points,and i know i will get totally shot down here,as i believe it wont happen,but could we tempt Jason Doyle to Foxhall,or am i being stupid,speaking to some Swindon fans last night,they said he wouldnt be with them next season,i know its far fetched,but just putting it out there.

I hope Jake Allen is retained,as Danny King and Cameron Heeps,and i also believe Richard Lawson has had a decent season,James Sargeant,Chriis Harris and Neils(for commitment reasons)would be the 3 id change.

Great Crowd last night,brilliant to see Foxhall packed,well done to all supporters this season.

With the news Poole are applying to drop in to the championship, we’d be daft not to quickly contact both Klindt and Grajczonek considering how well both men ride Foxhall. They won’t be short of offers. 

6 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

With the news Poole are applying to drop in to the championship, we’d be daft not to quickly contact both Klindt and Grajczonek considering how well both men ride Foxhall. They won’t be short of offers. 

Including from Poole who own them both as assets. You are of course assuming that Ipswich stay Premiership once Louis gets the full ownership back.

9 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

They won't let any assets go til it is accepted (or denied) at the AGM. 

19 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Including from Poole who own them both as assets. You are of course assuming that Ipswich stay Premiership once Louis gets the full ownership back.

He never gave it up.....it didn't happen :o

• Like 2

I'd add Tobiasz Musielak to that list as well as Swindon will need to release riders.

20 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

With a 1.6 multiplier set to be in place and possibly a 38 point limit if there is an increase in teams good luck with that.....