British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

With the news Poole are applying to drop in to the championship, we’d be daft not to quickly contact both Klindt and Grajczonek considering how well both men ride Foxhall. They won’t be short of offers. 

Absolutely they both fly at our place, Klindt especially......a rider is always happy with a good home base and Klindts 2 biggest away scores were both at Foxhall.............

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Including from Poole who own them both as assets. You are of course assuming that Ipswich stay Premiership once Louis gets the full ownership back.

And couldnt keep them both if they dropped down...............oh and Louis does have ownership and Ipswich will be top flight next season

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Including from Poole who own them both as assets. You are of course assuming that Ipswich stay Premiership once Louis gets the full ownership back.

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

They won't let any assets go til it is accepted (or denied) at the AGM. 

Of course, but it’s naive to think riders won’t be spoken to and they WILL be spoken to by various promoters before the AGM regardless of whose “assets” they are. 

Planning for the following season doesn’t start as soon as the AGM is completed, we know it starts much earlier than that. Obviously contracts can’t be signed or anything set in stone until after the AGM as nobody can be certain what will happen. But the Poole riders will obviously be aware of Poole’s intentions now, and will almost certainly be making contingency plans if Poole’s application is accepted and they’d be quite right to do that. 

they’re not going to risk waiting on a ratification at the AGM before looking elsewhere for a top flight ride incase their options become limited IF and when that happens. That’s just common sense. 

I have it on very good authority that MF has already signed 2 riders - presumably two that will fit either SGBC or SGBP team buiulding?!

2 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Of course, but it’s naive to think riders won’t be spoken to and they WILL be spoken to by various promoters before the AGM regardless of whose “assets” they are. 

Planning for the following season doesn’t start as soon as the AGM is completed, we know it starts much earlier than that. Obviously contracts can’t be signed or anything set in stone until after the AGM as nobody can be certain what will happen. But the Poole riders will obviously be aware of Poole’s intentions now, and will almost certainly be making contingency plans if Poole’s application is accepted and they’d be quite right to do that. 

they’re not going to risk waiting on a ratification at the AGM before looking elsewhere for a top flight ride incase their options become limited IF and when that happens. That’s just common sense. 

Yes, but you are not allowed to speak to them without parent clubs permission. Unless you are saying Ipswich will ignore the ruling? :nono:

Louis confirmed only a fortnight ago in an interview with Mike Bacon that he sees Ipswich’ future in the top flight. 

Things can obviously change very quickly but I’d be surprised if the club dropped back down so quickly. 

2 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Yes, but you are not allowed to speak to them without parent clubs permission. Unless you are saying Ipswich will ignore the ruling? :nono:

Aww come on Lisa! Riders will be spoken to by others without seeking permission to do so by every single club in the league. It’s completely naive to think otherwise. 

6 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Aww come on Lisa! Riders will be spoken to by others without seeking permission to do so by every single club in the league. It’s completely naive to think otherwise. 

Yeah I know it happens, don't make it right though!! 

1 hour ago, Bash said:

I'd add Tobiasz Musielak to that list as well as Swindon will need to release riders.

I thought Musielak had said it was unlikely that he'll do British racing next year!

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Cough cough, Miedzinski, cough cough, Poole, cough cough Swindon asset.

As Poole and others have proved, riders will go where they want when they want.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

2 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Of course you fail to add the riders who contact the clubs directly,  can't blame them for trying to secure a team place.

Oh and I'll say it again Josh g can't ride in cl as he is polish 

Edited by Badge

8 minutes ago, Badge said:

Of course you fail to add the riders who contact the clubs directly,  can't blame them for trying to secure a team place.

Indeed Badge, I mentioned this also on the Poole thread. Now the current Poole riders know their intentions for next season, they will almost certainly be making contingency plans for next year and sounding out interested parties. 

Promoters contacting other promoters to ask permission to speak to “their” riders, is probably the LAST act of any potential move rather than the first. 

Edited by Arch Stanton

3 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

I have it on very good authority that MF has already signed 2 riders - presumably two that will fit either SGBC or SGBP team buiulding?!

You mean Kurtz and Holder as second strings or reserves?  :)

55 minutes ago, Badge said:

Thought he was an Aussie

28 minutes ago, bruno said:

Thought he was an Aussie

He had a Polish licence in 2018 and actually rode in the Polish Championship. Not sure about his current situation though.

2 hours ago, Badge said:

Yeah I know that. The only disappointing thing about potentially moving down.