British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Warsaw GP 2022 Saturday May 14th

1 minute ago, tellboy said:

I would think sport to the respective governments means much to them,they will be thinking of how much taxes they will be losing without it.

In the whole scheme of things happening, it is miniscule I guess, because very few politicians are even talking about it. Or have you heard something ?

Looks like Prague GP can go ahead

- provided crowd is less than 50

22 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Looks like Prague GP can go ahead

- provided crowd is less than 50

No chance of it going ahead then

Sorry if it’s already been said but we had 5 tickets booked for the original may GP and cannot make the August dates sadly.

any one know how to go about getting a refund as kupbilet haven’t been much help.

thanks 

3 hours ago, dingdong said:

Sorry if it’s already been said but we had 5 tickets booked for the original may GP and cannot make the August dates sadly.

any one know how to go about getting a refund as kupbilet haven’t been much help.

thanks 

The PZM have promised that they will be issuing refunds if ticket holders cannot make the re-staging date, however no details have yet been published as to how they will organise it.

I am checking regularly here https://www.pzm.pl/zuzel  as they will post it on their website as soon as they have sorted it. You could try asking them directly.

https://www.wp.pl/?s=sportowefakty.wp.pl%2Fzuzel%2F878846%2Fzuzel-pge-ekstraliga-pojedzie-bez-kibicow-ewinner-1-liga-szuka-5-milionow-zeby-z&utm_source=fb&utm_medium=sf&utm_campaign=sgf

If the ban on public gatherings and enforced quarantine for border crossers is what it sounds like it is, then it won't just be dinglong who'll be after refunds. The entire SGP series will become untenable.

Poland's 14 day quarentine applies to anyone entering up to May 3rd.    After that no one knows yet.

55 minutes ago, Noodles said:

*Wroclaw

I failed geography.....miserably :oops:

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, screm said:

I failed geography.....miserably :oops:

don't be too hard on yourself, it starts with W so close enough

Edited by Mark
  • Haha 1

It's a problem to find the right thread for this post so I'll add here.  It is relevant with Warsaw being a huge city with an expected 50k crowd at a stadium near the city center. 

Oktoberfest held annually in Munich has been cancelled for 2020.  Yet another indication of a country banning a mass gathering even as far ahead as October.

Edited by Mark

10 minutes ago, Mark said:

It's a problem to find the right thread for this post so I'll add here.  It is relevant with Warsaw being a huge city with an expected 50k crowd at a stadium near the city center. 

Oktoberfest held annually in Munich has been cancelled for 2020.  Yet another indication of a country banning a mass gathering even as far ahead as October.

It would be more relevant if Munich was in Poland. ;)

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, racers and royals said:

It would be more relevant if Munich was in Poland. ;)

Munich isn't in Poland.   Are you sure ?   

Even the least educated forum member will see the relevance of cancelling a mass gathering also linked to international travel.  Germany are at the forefront of keeping infection numbers and deaths from the virus low.   Just my opinion but other countries will have to follow this lead or could be made to look pretty stupid.    Poland have been very decisive on closing their border at an early stage.   

Teterow sure to be off unless run with no crowd.

Edited by Mark

I did post it earlier, but buried away on the long track thread, where I thought it more relevant 

I also saw the news earlier that there are still problems at the Danish/ German border where apparently having a spouse or family living on the other side of the border isn’t an important enough reason to be allowed through. So it will be hard for speedway riders I guess to keep going in and out of the country, even if speedway starts up

Edited by iris123
  • Thanks 1