British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Warsaw GP 2022 Saturday May 14th

7 hours ago, r77toy said:

Is there one where everyone goes before the event?

A restaurant for 50,000 people.   Service might be slow.

On 2/18/2020 at 5:51 AM, r77toy said:

Good restaurants near the stadium?

There's Zapicek(Polish pierogi(dumplings)) a couple of tram stops away from Stadion Narodowy back towards the City Centre near Nowy Swiat.Been on numerous occasions on trips to Warszawa and has never disappointed.IMO highly recommended!:t:

Called in British pub last year, British bulldog ? think it was called ,was full of speedway fans some having food..

Been the last 2 years and seen faces dotted around various bars and restraunts all around, but never found a "hub" where most people were speedway fans. Back again this year, thursday night is now traditionally Jeff's diner night, American diner, polish beer, and live band playing on top of the bar.

Ridiculously cheap as well, I think we tipped as much as our bill last year......

There is enough places to eat, just depends what you fancy. Pawpaw beer heaven is a decent bar, around 80 beers on tap and pizzas, burger type food. Last time I asked the barmaid for advice she recommended ‘this is a beer you can drink all day and not get drunk, and later you can go on to something stronger’. Pity she forgot to mention it was 7.9%.

• Like 1

British Bulldog pub has its fair shar of speedway people, Long Island Iced Tea in there is particulaly good, luckily our appt is 2 mins away.

Molly Malone's in the Old Town is a bit of a draw too after the GP and gets very crowded.

great little steak/burger restaurant opposite British Bulldog pub we've used a few times

• Like 1

Said it the last 2 years but this time I ve definitely gonna have to use a lime scooter...(before they inevitably get banned)

9 hours ago, teaboy279 said:

Said it the last 2 years but this time I ve definitely gonna have to use a lime scooter...(before they inevitably get banned)

we went miles on them last year, so much fun and got to see loads more of the city and parks.

get yourself the 'Lime' and 'Hive' apps before going and get registered

words of advice though, alcohol + old town cobbles + rain = carnage :D

Edited by stevehone
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, stevehone said:

we went miles on them last year, so much fun and got to see loads more of the city and parks.

get yourself the 'Lime' and 'Hive' apps before going and get registered

words of advice though, alcohol + old town cobbles + rain = carnage :D

I downloaded the app last year,but we just ubered everywhere because of the showers.

13 minutes ago, r77toy said:

Has there been any announcement if the event will be postponed or cancelled?

No, although I see Poland have today announced a lot of cancellation of events, still two months away yet though 

18 minutes ago, r77toy said:

Has there been any announcement if the event will be postponed or cancelled?

With over 2 months before the meeting it`s far to early to expect any decision- There is scheduled to be over a month of the Polish speedway season before then. How this virus is contained( if at all possible) will determine everything.

Google translation of a Sportowefakty article published today

President of PZM: the first two queues at risk, but I can't imagine postponing the Grand Prix in Warsaw
- Motorcycle events in Łódź and Tomaszów have been canceled. I'm afraid that the first and second queues of the speedway league are under threat. However, I cannot imagine postponing the Grand Prix of Warsaw - tells us the president of PZM Michał Sikora.

Speedway can not afford to ride without fans. If the league starts in June, we will manage to complete the entire season (interview)
In PZM, they look with some concern at the developments in the coronavirus case. Due to the ban on the organization of mass events introduced by the Prime Minister, it was necessary to cancel the World Championships in SuperEnduro in Łódź and the European Ice Championships in Tomaszów Mazowiecki. There will also be no Poland - Australia match. - I am afraid that the first and second queue of the speedway league may be at risk, but not further - says the president of the association Michał Sikora.
In Ekstralidze Żużlowa, however, they are getting ready that you will have to reschedule all the queues in April. Some CEOs think it quite likely that the season will not start until June. In mid-May we have organized by the PZM Grand Prix. - I can't imagine that it can be postponed - says President Sikora.

On the other hand, there is certainly no option to drive at PGE Narodowy in Warsaw without spectators. The event costs several million, the union cannot afford to inaugurate the GP without the audience and the proceeds from the tickets. - If it was a permanent track, then we could do something like that, but not with artificial track and huge costs. Will we set up a crisis team? We have a Grand Prix organizing committee that follows the situation and drafts scenarios, that's enough. In the worst case, we will postpone the competition to another date - comments Sikora.

However, the president of PZM does not want to prejudge anything or develop the topic. - We are fresh after the prime minister's decisions to close events. I was also at a meeting with the Minister of Sport Danuta Dmowska-Andrzejuk. I think you need to hold your comments for at least a week to see how things will develop. Poland is infected with a virus, but there is no drama like in several other European countries. This does not change the fact that we have an extra-coordinative situation and we need to respond on a regular basis - notes the activist.

Edited by racers and royals