British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Warsaw GP 2022 Saturday May 14th

Poland has an election on the 10th of May, I am hoping they will lift their restrictions in time for that.

This virus is just a bad flu imo yes I know it's bad but the flu can be as bad,

regarding the GP would think due to costs of building a temporary track, a decision would be taken around 10 days before event, so if Postponed no cost would be taken to build the track, hope it goes ahead as flight costs will not be refunded, I can cancel my hotel

38 minutes ago, Neila said:

This virus is just a bad flu imo yes I know it's bad but the flu can be as bad,

regarding the GP would think due to costs of building a temporary track, a decision would be taken around 10 days before event, so if Postponed no cost would be taken to build the track, hope it goes ahead as flight costs will not be refunded, I can cancel my hotel

I think there will be a few of us in this situation.

• Like 1

The UK has less than 1 person per million infected. Fill 10 x Wembley. One person infected. Those who are badly unwell have underlying issues.   Factual. 

16 minutes ago, Mark said:

The UK has less than 1 person per million infected. Fill 10 x Wembley. One person infected. Those who are badly unwell have underlying issues.   Factual. 

Not factual, unless the UK now has a population of over 456 million.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, lucifer sam said:

Not factual, unless the UK now has a population of over 456 million.

Sums not my strong area.     500 cases in 65,000,000 is right     What percentage is that ?

Im not thinking this isn't serious or to taken serious but we've not got any toilet rolls left in Asda.   Over board.

Edited by Mark

11 hours ago, Mark said:

Sums not my strong area.     500 cases in 65,000,000 is right     What percentage is that ?

Im not thinking this isn't serious or to taken serious but we've not got any toilet rolls left in Asda.   Over board.

It's less than 1 in 100,000 or less than 0.001%.  At the moment.

So yes, still less than seasonal 'flu at the current time.

With my train tickets and hotel non refundable (like cardiff with its roof it's very unlikely to be postponed ...) I ve already made the decision to still go out and enjoy the city if the speedway does get ditched. Unless of course there is a blanket travel ban in place at the time.

• Like 2

Not looking good at all, BBC reporting that Poland is closing their borders to foreigners from Sunday. I can't see a way that this gets resolved quickly unfortunately.

This was to be my first Warsaw GP too and with Stoke gone I'm going full speedway cold turkey!

same here, as long as the airline is flying we're going

6 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

If Speedway is back to normal by mid May then Poland v Australia has been rearranged for Sunday May 17th in Torun.

But it won't be.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, stevehone said:

same here, as long as the airline is flying we're going

That could be the problem especially as more and more Countries are starting to ban flights from affected areas.

Bars , restaurants, concert halls and even museums etc will be closed. Little point going even if you could drive over the border unless you want to look at the countryside and be alone