British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Warsaw GP 2022 Saturday May 14th

if the airline isn't flying they refund or rebook

Unless there is dramatic improvement in April I cannot see Warsaw going ahead. 

On 3/14/2020 at 10:34 AM, stevehone said:

if the airline isn't flying they refund or rebook

I would think most people have booked with budget airlines. There's a fair possibility a few of them could go under in the next 6-8 weeks

12 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

I would think most people have booked with budget airlines. There's a fair possibility a few of them could go under in the next 6-8 weeks

i'm booked with LOT, Polish Airline

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, stevehone said:

i'm booked with LOT, Polish Airline

Apologies

If I could workout how to multiquote on my phone my post would be made more sense.

I was using your post as a generalisation as a few people mentioning flights and probably lose their money for the air fare. 

One would hope the larger budget Airlines such as Easy jet and Ryanair would struggle through but I can see a fair few following the Flybe demise.

For instance do budget airlines have the same level of cover as major airlines ?

Sportowefakty article published today- Google translation

Slag. The Grand Prix at the PGE National is no sooner than in July. Unless the virus goes away
The inauguration of the Grand Prix in Warsaw is planned for 16 May. By the end of March, however, the decision to postpone the event will probably be made. No sooner than July. The final decision will be made after talks with BSI

Michał Sikora, president of PZM, just a week ago he could not imagine postponing the May Grand Prix round in Warsaw. However, the situation associated with the coronavirus epidemic is dynamic. - We have to be responsible, that's why we have already started talks with PGE Narodowy regarding emergency dates. We are not postponing the Grand Prix yet, but we are looking for other solutions - Sikora tells us.
- By the end of March we have to decide what to do with the Grand Prix - continues the president. - This is too big a venture to postpone to five to twelve. Permission for a mass event must be applied for for 30 days, and now, as you know, such events are prohibited. We have many colleagues who will take part in the preparation of the event. We must also inform them in advance when they will be needed.

There are many indications that the Grand Prix of Warsaw will be postponed. For when No sooner than July. - Various events take place at PGE Narodowy and it's not like you can choose on dates - comments Sikora. - We will certainly not postpone it to June, because it is also a risk at the moment. So in the case of gearing, we aim soon for July. These discussions with the stadium authorities will last for a while, because we must remember that we need a facility for a week. You have to arrange the track.

For the time being BSI does not set any conditions as to when the event will take place. The promoter of the Grand Prix also does not insist that Warsaw was the first stop of the cycle. - We have an emergency, so now you need to arrange these blocks not as you want, but as you can. If we have information about possible dates, then we will consult with BSI which would be the best - ends Sikora.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’ve got 2 VIP front row seats for this Which cost me a total of 1500zl, will go through the refund process if no takers, but thought I’d offer them here first in case a British Fan would like to buy them first.

The new date is 12 days before my second child is due, so my wife will have placed me under house arrest by this time!

4 hours ago, therefused said:

confirmed in an email. flights look a bit more expensive now -_-

summer holiday period.  

Flights more expensive KLM Newcastle to Warsaw by around £60 but hotel cheaper, now to decide whether I go or not, 3 weeks after Cardiff !! And this bloomin virus may not have done one by then ??

Does anyone know whether the original tickets will be valid for the restaging date?

Kupbilet website shows the GP new date  but when you click on the stadium plan no tickets are available.

13 minutes ago, steve69 said:

Does anyone know whether the original tickets will be valid for the restaging date?

Kupbilet website shows the GP new date  but when you click on the stadium plan no tickets are available.

Seen something somewhere saying original tickets will be valid, and instructions will follow for refunds, but can't remember where I'd seen it.

22 minutes ago, Neila said:

Seen something somewhere saying original tickets will be valid, and instructions will follow for refunds, but can't remember where I'd seen it.

Google translation of PZM statement.

2020 PZM Warsaw FIM Speedway Grand Prix of Poland postponed to August 8
Tuesday, 24/03/2020

In the light of events concerning the spread of COVID-19, the Polish Motor Association in consultation with FIM, i.e. the International Motorcycle Federation, BSI and PL.2012 +, out of concern for the safety of competition participants and fans, decided to postpone the 2020 PZM Warsaw FIM Speedway Grand Prix of Poland which was to take place on May 16, 2020.

The new 2020 PZM Warsaw FIM Speedway Grand Prix of Poland date is Saturday, August 8, 2020.

Tickets purchased for the original date of the 2020 PZM Warsaw FIM Speedway Grand Prix of Poland, i.e. on May 16, remain valid until the new date.

At the same time, PZM informs that despite the fact that tickets for 2020 PZM Warsaw FIM Speedway Grand Prix of Poland, in accordance with the regulations regarding the rules for their purchase and participation in the event (available on the official website kupbilet.pl, TU), were sold subject to the organizer's right to change the date of the competition, in particular due to circumstances beyond the organizer's control, which is certainly the COVID-19 pandemic, it will be possible to return them.

Soon PZM will inform about technical details related to the possibility of returning tickets and the entire procedure related to this.