British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Warsaw GP 2022 Saturday May 14th

If anyone was going in May, COVID permitting, for a weekend break without the speedway with Ryanair Stansted - Warsaw - Stansted, the 18.50 return flight has been moved 23.05.

I do not expect the current restrictions to be lifted and the trip is unlikely to go ahead, this is just for people’s awareness. I am only still going as Ryanair will not offer a refund on a flight as been moved less than 5 hours. 

my dad wanted to get refunds for 7 tickets for this as they're now not going in August, looks like there was only a 2 week window (ended January 10th) for refunds though. not a lot of time for people to know about it

3 hours ago, NoRightTurn said:

Cancelled again for 2021 - 2021 PZM WARSAW FIM SPEEDWAY GRAND PRIX OF POLAND CANCELLED (speedwaygp.com)

Tickets will be valid for 2022 or refund offered, no details of how to apply for refunds on there yet.

If it had gone ahead in August, I wonder just how easy or difficult it would have been for UK supporters to have attended. A Warsaw 2022 GP should/hopefully/probably make it more likely that we will be able to go and enjoy the whole weekend in a much closer way to pre-covid days.  

I note that the statement on the official SGP says that the series starts in Prague on July 16th.

Does that confirm that the TBC in their calendar for June 16th definitely won't be happening anywhere?

Not unexpected but still disappointing, but saved me a decision on to go or not to go, as did not fancy jumping through all the hoops to travel if Poland was put on the green list. 

Would think it will be an automatic refund like Cardiff as the GP's are run with a new promoter next year

On 5/20/2021 at 11:01 PM, Neila said:

Not unexpected but still disappointing, but saved me a decision on to go or not to go, as did not fancy jumping through all the hoops to travel if Poland was put on the green list. 

Would think it will be an automatic refund like Cardiff as the GP's are run with a new promoter next year

I don't know if Warsaw is promoted by IMG/BSI or a Polish promoter but i'd bet the new Series rights holders will run in Warsaw, it's a World Championship big city venues bring a bit of Kudos to the series. Why did Bernie Ecclestone want an F1 GP in London ?  Because its a licence to print money. I'd be more worried about Cardiff going ahead, it ticks all the boxes for Promoter, fans, riders and the locals, fair enough the racing wasn't always up too much but it was the F1 GP in Monaco for speedway. Warsaw may have stole its thunder. I think we will see a GP at the Olympic stadium in London at some point in the next few years.

Seems to me that the Poles cancelled it so no IMG weren't the promoters?  At least not like Cardiff ....

Edited by Trees

17 minutes ago, Trees said:

Seems to me that the Poles cancelled it so no IMG weren't the promoters?  At least not like Cardiff ....

The Poles (PZM) cancelled it because anything less than 100% crowd level would be a financial disaster for them.

• Like 3

Probably not the place to ask but I'm sure everyone will steer me in the right direction.

I am a collector of SGP Tickets (amongst other things) and I was wondering those that have received their money back from cancelled Grand Prix's would you be willing to let me have a copy of the e--ticket for my collection?

This would be for years 2020 and 2021.

If you have PayPal I am prepared to pay for your time doing the scan and emailing to me.

I'm sure racers and royals will vouch for me that I am not a crook! LOL

Thanks

23 minutes ago, andout said:

Probably not the place to ask but I'm sure everyone will steer me in the right direction.

I am a collector of SGP Tickets (amongst other things) and I was wondering those that have received their money back from cancelled Grand Prix's would you be willing to let me have a copy of the e--ticket for my collection?

This would be for years 2020 and 2021.

If you have PayPal I am prepared to pay for your time doing the scan and emailing to me.

I'm sure racers and royals will vouch for me that I am not a crook! LOL

Thanks

Indeed- but being the kind chap i am, i have done everything foc :)

On 5/25/2021 at 10:16 AM, racers and royals said:

The Poles (PZM) cancelled it because anything less than 100% crowd level would be a financial disaster for them.

Really? 

Sounds like a disaster waiting to happen...

8 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Why ?  They price it to sell out. Covid has really wrecked their plans.

Okay regarding pricing, did not think of it that way. Just that one former promotion spring to mind that did the same and went bust. Hockey teams in Finland have always budgeted on too high crowds and so on...