Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Warsaw GP 2020 CANCELLED- 7th August 2021 is new date

Recommended Posts

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/health/inside-new-ward-covid-19-18085716

When you see the mammoth task that has been undertaken in the stadium over the last two weeks ... Do we really think that a July SGP is possible ?

When restrictions are lifted, gradually, over the next couple of months there will be concern about a 'second wave' that may come along later into the autumn. 

Surely they are not going to consider dismantling this operation for Rugby, let alone Speedway, until they are certain that the facility would not be needed for such an eventuality.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Grand Central said:

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/health/inside-new-ward-covid-19-18085716

When you see the mammoth task that has been undertaken in the stadium over the last two weeks ... Do we really think that a July SGP is possible ?

When restrictions are lifted, gradually, over the next couple of months there will be concern about a 'second wave' that may come along later into the autumn. 

Surely they are not going to consider dismantling this operation for Rugby, let alone Speedway, until they are certain that the facility would not be needed for such an eventuality.

 

NO doubt there are also provisional plans to stage the British SGP at the Principality later in the year let alone season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

NO doubt there are also provisional plans to stage the British SGP at the Principality later in the year let alone season.

Are you sure? 

 

Won 't Welsh rugby get first dibs at Autumn dates, and I doubt there will be much opportunity for speedway. (How long does it take in advance to put the track in?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Are you sure? 

 

Won 't Welsh rugby get first dibs at Autumn dates, and I doubt there will be much opportunity for speedway. (How long does it take in advance to put the track in?)

OF course rugby comes first but the track goes in in a Monday and on the following Sunday morning there is not a trace of it left

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TO my mind a late year SGP at the Principality is feasible for all sorts of reasons. No problems for spectators, seated under a roof, insulated against the elements. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

TO my mind a late year SGP at the Principality is feasible for all sorts of reasons. No problems for spectators, seated under a roof, insulated against the elements. 

I thought you wanted to 'wait and see'.....now speculating. Oh dear, that didn't last long

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

NO doubt there are also provisional plans to stage the British SGP at the Principality later in the year let alone season.

So you believe that this hospital will be removed when the virus could still make a comeback at the end of the year ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Grand Central said:

So you believe that this hospital will be removed when the virus could still make a comeback at the end of the year ? 

I DON'T know, nobody knows what is going to happen going forward. But people are planning for a schedule based on the hope that later in the year sporting events will take place. Optimistic maybe but right now I'd rather be that than a pessimist. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

I DON'T know, nobody knows what is going to happen going forward. But people are planning for a schedule based on the hope that later in the year sporting events will take place. Optimistic maybe but right now I'd rather be that than a pessimist. 

I'd be surprised if 'nobody knows' what the projected time frame for the sophisticated infrastructure that has now been put in place at the Principality actually is ... 

But then perhaps I'm wrong and it will all be sorted by wishful thinking alone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

I DON'T know, nobody knows what is going to happen going forward. But people are planning for a schedule based on the hope that later in the year sporting events will take place. Optimistic maybe but right now I'd rather be that than a pessimist. 

As I say, realistic is the best thing

Two opinions from around the world are even worse than my prediction that hopefully we have a vaccine by autumn and can get back to normal.

One German expert is saying up to 18 months before sport with attendances.....

https://www.besoccer.com/new/germany-s-expects-the-worst-up-to-18-months-of-matches-without-an-audience-821467

One from the US, say's "Larger gatherings, - concerts, conferences, sporting events......for October 2020, I have no idea how they think that's a plausible possibility "

https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/04/13/coronavirus-concerts-sports-may-not-return-until-fall-2021-expert-says/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PHILIPRISING said:

WON'T be much sport left if that is the case.

As the guy in the US said, it is of least importance and will be the last thing to start back again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, iris123 said:

As the guy in the US said, it is of least importance and will be the last thing to start back again

I would think sport to the respective governments means much to them,they will be thinking of how much taxes they will be losing without it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy