British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Warsaw GP 2022 Saturday May 14th

7 hours ago, kevin bass said:

Yeah i thought the 3 of them worked well in their rolls and that being said im sure Kelvin in time will grow into the lead commentary roll, and like you mentioned i think Scott is better suited being in the pits/trackside then stuck in the studio as previous yrs.

Kelvin will grow into the roll?

Kelvin was commentator at the 1994 World Final in Vojens. That means he's been commentating for nearly 30 years!

30 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Just watched the gp anyone know if steve lawson is in the pits with dan?,doyle the master laydown expert pleased the ref has him sussed 

The ref definitely sussed Doyle,even Kelvin couldn’t understand why he let go the handle bars.!!

1 hour ago, keepturningleft said:

Kelvin will grow into the roll?

Kelvin was commentator at the 1994 World Final in Vojens. That means he's been commentating for nearly 30 years!

What i ment was he had an experienced co-commentator alongside him with Nigel to bounce off, at the moment he's on his own apart from whichever guest sits next to him each wk.

Lambert to me has looked fast in one race and slow in the next across the two rounds so far, which suggests there has been a lot of tinkering with set ups etc. 

The idea that a rider sitting 7th in the standings isn't good enough for the series is a little bizarre however :D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, geoff100 said:

Just watched the gp anyone know if steve lawson is in the pits with dan?,doyle the master laydown expert pleased the ref has him sussed 

Think Dan has his own polish crew these days, I am in Warsaw now, did not see Steve with Dan at the gp, and some comets fans were at the team event at poznan today and no word of Steve being with Dan,

up the comets we can travel to see the sport 

• Thanks 1

For those who think Robert shouldn't "be there", he's currently in 7th place with 18 points (not 15). That puts him ahead of two former champions.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Lambert to me has looked fast in one race and slow in the next across the two rounds so far, which suggests there has been a lot of tinkering with set ups etc. 

The idea that a rider sitting 7th in the standings isn't good enough for the series is a little bizarre however :D

Didn't say he wasn't good enough, from what we know I just don't get why he's sticking to the inside & allowing rider's to go around him for fun. He doesn't change his line unless he's forced by another, doesn't push rider's to the fence etc. If he'd be a little harder when in front of others he'd have even more points. He's just to easy to ride against. 

6 hours ago, geoff100 said:

He's probably too busy doing northside ready for the mighty comets return !!!

Will it be H18TORY all over again  up the comets :D 

7 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Didn't say he wasn't good enough, from what we know I just don't get why he's sticking to the inside & allowing rider's to go around him for fun. He doesn't change his line unless he's forced by another, doesn't push rider's to the fence etc. If he'd be a little harder when in front of others he'd have even more points. He's just to easy to ride against. 

No you didn't, someone else did.

I agree about the last bit, he needs to grow some horns and start cutting off others riders runs around the outside etc. It will cone with experience, you kind of feel he respects one or two riders a bit too much at the mo.

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

No you didn't, someone else did.

I agree about the last bit, he needs to grow some horns and start cutting off others riders runs around the outside etc.

Are you suggesting we need another Lindgren? :blink:

Edited by chunky

20 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

The issue for me is we all know what type of rider Lambert is (was), but this is his 2nd GP season & he's become a kerb crawler & slow. Lambert's not a great watch to be fair to @pubichair

He's seriously improved his gating but his speed & racing style is concerning me A LOT. 

Perhaps you should be in his corner at GP's instead of 3 times World Speedway Champion Jason Crump :lol:

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, chunky said:

Are you suggesting we need another Lindgren? :blink:

Not at all, there is a middle ground though.

12 minutes ago, keepturningleft said:

Greg Hancock is now long retired, so does anyone know why he still wearing that silly monster cap?

Has anyone actually seen Greg's hair since about 1998?

blimey we're scraping the barrel of things to complain about now :lol:

In fact maybe Greg's hair deserves it's own thread?

Edited by iainb

15 hours ago, screm said:

Agree with you on Woffinden, the fire and ambition has gone. 

Well Woffy doesn't agree with you on that. Did you not see his interview at the first GP?  He said he wanted at least 6 world titles before he retires.

His league scores are good, but he is struggling in the GP's at the mo.  It'll come...