British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Warsaw GP 2022 Saturday May 14th

13 hours ago, False dawn said:

For those who think Robert shouldn't "be there", he's currently in 7th place with 18 points (not 15). That puts him ahead of two former champions.

I for  one am not doubting that he shouldn’t be there.Top 6 will be good result for him at the end of the season IMO.

Well it's good to see i'm not alone in thing Robert is good enough:t:

On 5/15/2022 at 11:54 AM, Daniel Smith said:

The issue for me is we all know what type of rider Lambert is (was), but this is his 2nd GP season & he's become a kerb crawler & slow. Lambert's not a great watch to be fair to @pubichair

He's seriously improved his gating but his speed & racing style is concerning me A LOT. 

he used to be very exciting rider to watch but now like you said kerb crawler and that is very boring to watch!

8 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

No you didn't, someone else did.

I agree about the last bit, he needs to grow some horns and start cutting off others riders runs around the outside etc. It will cone with experience, you kind of feel he respects one or two riders a bit too much at the mo.

lambert will never improve bomber harris part 2 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pubichair said:

lambert will never improve bomber harris part 2 

when did Harris ever win a world pairs title?

when did Lambert ever win a SGP (home) round? If he does win one I think he'll have surpassed Harris' achievements on a world stage.  He has time on his side.

Jumping in late: I watched the event live at a mate's house and then the hi-lites on Quest; it came across great and people watching may just think "wow that looks cool I'll check that out", hopefully they may do. Just a tiny critique, think the text graphics are still a bit too small. The hi-lites package 24 ish hours later on Quest came across good too, better if were shown at 10 or 11pm as opposed to midnite.  But Discovery have produced an excellent TV slot for speedway....

I was surprised to read  Rory Shlein's comments in this week's Star regarding the Madsen - Michelson incident where he believes  the referee got it badly wrong. 

"Leon complained he was being leaned on. Well if you're going to slam into someone coming of the corner you should expect a bit of leaning back. It's grand Prix racing" He then goes on to say that Madsen made contact & was the aggressor.

Seems a bit of a tainted view to me, and certainly not how I saw it. 

We've seen lots of aggressive moves in GP where riders have barged through and moved their opponent right to the fence but I can't see how Madsen 'slammed' into Michelson here. 

From half way round the first corner Madsen had clear track in front of him and hugs the kerb as he exits and passes Michelson. From that point he has clear track in front of him and doesn't ride an unnatural line or squeeze Michelson who has plenty of room outside of him. Also Madsen didn't "complain" he was being leaned on, he was merely saying that he wasn't to blame for the contact.

A racing incident where it was hard to apportion blame yes, but I think the referee got it right in this instance and even if you disagree he certainly didn't get it 'badly' wrong!

I take it Rory doesn't like Leon? 

• Like 1

On 5/19/2022 at 2:22 PM, AFCB Wildcat said:

I was surprised to read  Rory Shlein's comments in this week's Star regarding the Madsen - Michelson incident where he believes  the referee got it badly wrong. 

"Leon complained he was being leaned on. Well if you're going to slam into someone coming of the corner you should expect a bit of leaning back. It's grand Prix racing" He then goes on to say that Madsen made contact & was the aggressor.

Seems a bit of a tainted view to me, and certainly not how I saw it. 

We've seen lots of aggressive moves in GP where riders have barged through and moved their opponent right to the fence but I can't see how Madsen 'slammed' into Michelson here. 

From half way round the first corner Madsen had clear track in front of him and hugs the kerb as he exits and passes Michelson. From that point he has clear track in front of him and doesn't ride an unnatural line or squeeze Michelson who has plenty of room outside of him. Also Madsen didn't "complain" he was being leaned on, he was merely saying that he wasn't to blame for the contact.

A racing incident where it was hard to apportion blame yes, but I think the referee got it right in this instance and even if you disagree he certainly didn't get it 'badly' wrong!

I take it Rory doesn't like Leon? 

Would have to agree.

6 hours ago, Billyboy said:

Does anyone know if they annouced next years date on the night  as they have done in the past

Nothing announced in the stadium on the night