British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Warsaw GP 2022 Saturday May 14th

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Woffinden really is a spent force. Won’t get in next season on this form. Looks lightweight sorry to say. Game over. Championship berth in 2023?

Rubbish, he's learning ;)

5 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Rubbish, he's learning ;)

I REALLY wanted to say that, but decided against it... B)

7 minutes ago, Dave Jones said:

He was left in a very unexpected situation  due to  the very sad circumstances that we are all aware of .He was only ever going to be Nigel's co - commentator & he will need to learn his new role. But he is already doing a better job than you ever managed in your time at Coventry.

My comment was meant as a joke. Anyway, I did a better job at Coventry ( and Peterborough x3, and Mildenhall) than you did in your promoting career….. 

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Rubbish he is learning. Takes time. 

Whilst I'd agree I have concerns. The GP series is ruthless & if he doesn't make the cut-off this season I don't think he'll get a free pass again. 

He's concerning me because he's constantly looking for the kerb to ride round, everyone passing on the outside. 

He's always been a battler but he seems extremely nervous in the SGP's for some reason.

6 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Whilst I'd agree I have concerns. The GP series is ruthless & if he doesn't make the cut-off this season I don't think he'll get a free pass again. 

He's concerning me because he's constantly looking for the kerb to ride round, everyone passing on the outside. 

He's always been a battler but he seems extremely nervous in the SGP's for some reason.

The strange thing is that he frequently gets into a good position coming out of the second bend, only to sit and watch as everybody goes past him like he's standing still...

He obviously lacks speed, though, particularly when he's at the back.

Edited by chunky
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, chunky said:

The strange thing is that he frequently gets into a good position coming out of the second bend, only to sit and watch as everybody goes past him like he's standing still...

He obviously lacks speed, though.

Almost needs to be a bit more ruthless to compensate for his lack of speed...

Not sure it is in his make up though.. 

Freddie, Doyle, Nicki P and Bartosz wouldn't bat an eye lid to do it if they felt under pressure for horsepower..

Just adding something, I thought Bewley was taking some really strange lines tonight.

Just now, mikebv said:

Almost needs to be a bit more ruthless to compensate for his lack of speed...

Not sure it is in his make up though..

Thing is, a slower rider CAN win with superior trackcraft - which he hasn't developed yet.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chunky said:

Thing is, a slower rider CAN win with superior trackcraft - which he hasn't developed yet.

My lad used to ride cycle Speedway and was told "you don't need to be the fastest to win, you just need to be fast enough to win"...

Track craft so important...

"None shall pass"....

Congratulations to Max Fricke. Brave decision to take gate 4 but he was confident of making it work. Fair Play.  

As for the event - racing was pretty mediocre for most of the event. It was like we had gone back 10 years on temporary tracks and excitement was all about reactions after hitting the rut. Two SGP's have been pretty disappointing for the most part. 

Hope that Michelsen is ok after his soil sample. 

Another good GP...massive crowd of 50000

Edited by auntie doris

2 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Whilst I'd agree I have concerns. The GP series is ruthless & if he doesn't make the cut-off this season I don't think he'll get a free pass again

I think the opposite, wether he deserves a spot or not, I reckon Woffy would be 90% sure of a wild card if he finishes in the top 12!

Great performance from Max Fricke… delighted for him.

who would have thought no poles in the final with 3 in the semis ?

11 hours ago, chunky said:

Just adding something, I thought Bewley was taking some really strange lines tonight.

I thought to myself when watching his first race that he looked like he was riding the track the same as he would ride Belle Vue.

9 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

I think the opposite, wether he deserves a spot or not, I reckon Woffy would be 90% sure of a wild card if he finishes in the top 12!

Good job, because the way he is riding this year he is going to need one

Its interesting that Fricke, back in the UK this year has won another GP