British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Warsaw GP 2022 Saturday May 14th

3 minutes ago, iris123 said:

I did post it earlier, but buried away on the long track thread, where I thought it more relevant 

That`s because there is a round at Rzeszow :D

• Haha 1

All professional sport and public gatherings in the Netherlands now banned until September 1st at the earliest.   I'm expecting other countries to follow the lead of both Germany and Holland.     Teterow will be off unless run with zero crowd.

Edited by Mark

11 hours ago, Mark said:

All professional sport and public gatherings in the Netherlands now banned until September 1st at the earliest.   I'm expecting other countries to follow the lead of both Germany and Holland.     Teterow will be off unless run with zero crowd.

Teterow is off. I posted a link a couple of days ago. And to give them some credit they did announce it quite quickly after the governments recommendations last week. It was one of the first big events announced and so had quite a bit of tv and internet exposure through that 

As you pointed out, it was a bit confusing just which thread to post on.....

Edited by iris123
  • Thanks 1

Teterow still advertised on the GP website as taking place.  They missed your post to Iris.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Mark said:

Teterow still advertised on the GP website as taking place.  They missed your post to Iris.

NOT any longer

• Thanks 1

Due to a ban imposed by the German government on all outdoor events until August 31, 2020 as part of measures to stall the spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus), this year’s 2020 Aztorin German FIM Speedway Grand Prix, scheduled for May 30, has been postponed.

This decision was made after careful consideration and consultation with the FIM, BSI Speedway, the German Motorsport Federation (DMSB) and the Bergring Arena promoter out of concern for the safety of all involved.

All parties are studying alternative dates for the event and further details will be provided in due course.

FIM Communications

On 4/22/2020 at 11:08 AM, DutchGrasstrack said:

Teterow is now finally 'postponed' officialy.

And yet despite Czech's closed borders, the Prague SGP hasn't been cancelled or postponed. In fact BSI were quoted in the Polish press that it will go ahead as normal.

AS NORMAL!!!

Yes, roll up, roll up, buy your tickets off the SGP web site. 

p.s. NO REFUND if you can't enter the country to watch the event - that'll be your penalty for being stupid enough to fall for this BSI trick.

https://sportowefakty.wp.pl/zuzel/878939/zuzel-promotor-grand-prix-oszalal-praga-zgodnie-z-planem-czesi-mowia-to-niemozli

1 hour ago, uk_martin said:

And yet despite Czech's closed borders, the Prague SGP hasn't been cancelled or postponed. In fact BSI were quoted in the Polish press that it will go ahead as normal.

AS NORMAL!!!

Yes, roll up, roll up, buy your tickets off the SGP web site. 

p.s. NO REFUND if you can't enter the country to watch the event - that'll be your penalty for being stupid enough to fall for this BSI trick.

https://sportowefakty.wp.pl/zuzel/878939/zuzel-promotor-grand-prix-oszalal-praga-zgodnie-z-planem-czesi-mowia-to-niemozli

When will you get it into your thick head that BSI are providing a link to the Prague GP tickets only- and do so with all the non BSI promoted GP`s- the Promoter is Prague speedway. The promoter Prague speedway is using Ticket Portal CZ. Do you suggest  that BSI should not put the links on their website ??

Whether the GP should have been called off by now is a different matter and the FIM/BSI and the local promoter should make a decision at the earliest opportunity.

Edited by racers and royals

2 hours ago, racers and royals said:

When will you get it into your thick head that BSI are providing a link to the Prague GP tickets only- and do so with all the non BSI promoted GP`s- the Promoter is Prague speedway. The promoter Prague speedway is using Ticket Portal CZ. Do you suggest  that BSI should not put the links on their website ??

Whether the GP should have been called off by now is a different matter and the FIM/BSI and the local promoter should make a decision at the earliest opportunity.

It's so tiresome. He isn't just a negative speedway fan, he's a negative speedway fan who goes to the ends of the earth, and is often wrong, to attempt to prove his point.

Edited by JCookie
  • Thanks 1

Two weeks now till the start of the original event and still had nothing back about refunds for tickets purchased for it.

Last information we got was March 24th when the rescheduled meeting was announced and it said they would be returning money if wanted.

anyone else in the same boat or got any other news?

Just guessing, but probably won't go ahead with a crowd,even in August, gp's behind closed doors this year imo, so would expect all people to be refunded once they decide what is happening to the gp's . I rebooked hotel, but waiting to see if it goes ahead to rebook flights

1 hour ago, Neila said:

Just guessing, but probably won't go ahead with a crowd,even in August, gp's behind closed doors this year imo, so would expect all people to be refunded once they decide what is happening to the gp's . I rebooked hotel, but waiting to see if it goes ahead to rebook flights

The bloke who owns Ryanair was saying its impossible to keep social distancing on a flight.    He said leaving the middle seat of 3 empty is pointless.   The person in front and behind a window seat is closer than the same row isle seat.     He was very negative about airlines flying commercially for a long time.     Time will tell.

New Sportowefakty article today- Google translation

Currently 2020 PZM Warsaw FIM Speedway Grand Prix of Poland appears in the official FIM calendar from August 8. It is known that the competition at PGE Narodowy in Warsaw cannot be played without an audience, because it is unprofitable due to the very high costs of arranging the artificial track (about a million zlotys), renting the facility and licenses.
The entire Grand Prix cycle does not have to take place in Poland, because there are still Danish or Swedish locations, but the head of some activists is thinking about distributing medals in the second half of October at the stadium in Warsaw, where weather conditions will not play a key role due to full roofing of the object.

At FIM, they can't imagine a situation in which this year we wouldn't have the Individual World Champion selected in sporting competition. As we have determined, a scenario in which the tournament would be played in Vojens (12 September) would not be excluded, for the next week we would move with the cycle to Malilla in Sweden, where there are no strict restrictions on gatherings even now, and in the autumn complete loosening of the situation in sport, and another slot - 26 September would be a possible reserve date (e.g. for Wrocław, because the chances of riding in August with supporters are negligible). The series would end with Toruń - October 3 and Warsaw (October 17 or 24) competitions.

Today nobody in PZM wants to confirm this information. For now, tickets for the event scheduled for August 8 are still valid, and there are not too many fans' questions about returns. The tickets were sold subject to the organizer's right to change the date of the competition, for example due to circumstances beyond PZM's control, which are certainly the effects of a pandemic.

According to the so-called By the anti-crisis law, the organizers of competitions in Wrocław, Toruń and Warsaw have 180 days to make refunds for purchased tickets, if the events were not to take place at all. Theoretically, they could also transfer tournaments to 2021, and then the tickets would remain valid. Certainly for some fans, the ticket to the Polish Grand Prix round is something important. In recent years it has been difficult to buy a ticket, and tickets were sold on the trunk in the capital of Lower Silesia.

• Like 1

To be honest this is (approx) how I see the situation. I cannot think that early august will be a runner with WARSAW/WROCLAW...I think VOJENS may well run...and possibly with WARSAW as the final...could easily be in November....still waiting on what Boris says about stadiums on Sunday. for Cardiff....

I really cannot see RUSSIA happening...from my colleagues in MOSCOW the situation there and in the more outlaying regions is desperate....