British Speedway Forum
Old Crusader

Belle Vue v Kent pos now 4th Oct

Postponed twice now will tomorrow be any better? Should be a good meeting, can Kent keep the score close and get through with a win at home on Monday? I reckon they can with the full team firing on all cylinders.

After a wet night and morning, tomorrow after lunchtime looks fine.

• Like 1

Surely this has to add fire to the case that league fixtures and play offs should be done first, then KO cup etc to be run at the end of the season? The risks that a league champion isn't decided is just daft. 

That said all the best to two strong sides, i hope the score is close over both legs and its won by the best team and not a contentious decision.   

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Surely this has to add fire to the case that league fixtures and play offs should be done first, then KO cup etc to be run at the end of the season? The risks that a league champion isn't decided is just daft. 

That said all the best to two strong sides, i hope the score is close over both legs and its won by the best team and not a contentious decision.   

Absolutely,having the most important fixtures this time of year is just bonkers.

• Like 1

Really cant wait for this. 2 really good teams giving there all. Set to be a cracker  

Kent won the last match here but that was in heavy rain. 

Good luck colts. Let's hope theres lots of people there. They deserve a big crowd. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ruckerroo said:

the fc Monday in the saaf is rain too

What else is new. It was lovely to travel to Brum last Wednesday in sunny weather.

2 hours ago, ruckerroo said:

the fc Monday in the saaf is rain too

Shock horror.....not rain and cold in October! :angry:

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

With 4 weeks left of the season I dont think there is much chance of not getting the meetings done.

5 hours ago, teaboy279 said:

With 4 weeks left of the season I dont think there is much chance of not getting the meetings done.

Still quite a gamble with weather badly on the turn. Add in the rider availability and booking time off etc for persistently re-arranged fixtures. Id hate for the results to be affected by riders missing. 

An entertaining and close meeting. The rain during the last few days meant that the track was wet and greasy, which affected the quality of the racing in the early heats. Despite that, both teams dealt well with the conditions and there was some good racing as the dirt moved out and the track dried. 

Both sides gave 100% and the meeting was finished in less than 90 minutes. Kemp was, as always,  impressive at the NSS, Rowe is another who looks to have a good future in the sport and Ledwith had a good night and showed his track craft and experience when keeping the faster Flint at bay in heat 7. 

The Colts produced  a solid team performance. Bickley, Palin and Bailey were perhaps  expected to score more than they did but you couldn't fault their efforts. The conditions in the early heats denied them the opportunities to make their usual passing manoeuvres. 

Will 4 points be enough? I don't know but I think that the second leg will be just as close and that the overall result can still go either way. 

I don't think 4 points will be enough but the Colts have gone well in the past down in Kent, got it all to do.

5 hours ago, bellevueace said:

I don't think 4 points will be enough but the Colts have gone well in the past down in Kent, got it all to do.

I'm looking forward to it, hopefully the weather plays ball.

• Like 1

Massive  result for kent, bailey not being at reserve swings it for kings. Mulford should  get plenty at home