British Speedway Forum
johnyson66

Bears v Diamond's KOCF

17 minutes ago, diamonds7 said:

Easy for Redcar over the 2 legs for me 

The one possible problem is that they have three big meetings on consecutive nights but I think this is their best chance of silver wear this season. 

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, foamfence said:

The one possible problem is that they have three big meetings on consecutive nights but I think this is their best chance of silver wear this season. 

I think it's the away form that's Newcastles problem but at home they seem to do OK ran Glasgow and Somerset very close , so hopefullya 12 point lead at least gives us a big advantage away , agree 3 meetings back to back isn't ideal but Leicester and Newcastle isn't to much of a trek 

9 minutes ago, johnyson66 said:

I think it's the away form that's Newcastles problem but at home they seem to do OK ran Glasgow and Somerset very close , so hopefullya 12 point lead at least gives us a big advantage away , agree 3 meetings back to back isn't ideal but Leicester and Newcastle isn't to much of a trek 

That's true but they're both awkward tracks.

• Thanks 1

What's the story with Lasse Bjerre - is he likely to be riding in the final?

Choice of guests will be very important for both teams - I make Redcar the favourites, however it is a lot closer between the teams than many may think - Diamonds have got quite a few who can have good meetings at Redcar - and Ulrich might just come back tobite us big time.

However the most important aspect is the fact that we finally have a major final between these two sides - lets make it a great event and show the rest of the Championship the passion we have in the North east, this is great for both promotions - and whilst we all know both clubs have some "supporters" who will  view this as an opportunity to "have a go" at the opposition and their fans, I sincerely hope the true speedway supporters in each club will get behind their team, but show respect to the opponents and applaud good riding by all riders, whatever colours they are wearing 

• Like 5

14 hours ago, northyorksbear said:

What's the story with Lasse Bjerre - is he likely to be riding in the final?

Choice of guests will be very important for both teams - I make Redcar the favourites, however it is a lot closer between the teams than many may think - Diamonds have got quite a few who can have good meetings at Redcar - and Ulrich might just come back tobite us big time.

However the most important aspect is the fact that we finally have a major final between these two sides - lets make it a great event and show the rest of the Championship the passion we have in the North east, this is great for both promotions - and whilst we all know both clubs have some "supporters" who will  view this as an opportunity to "have a go" at the opposition and their fans, I sincerely hope the true speedway supporters in each club will get behind their team, but show respect to the opponents and applaud good riding by all riders, whatever colours they are wearing 

I agree about the applauding both sets of riders as long as it's the Bears that win the cup 

16 minutes ago, johnyson66 said:

Is there any news on guests for both teams for both legs ? 

A thought the guests were sorted out.

I believe it is Jake Allen for the Bears on Friday. 

1 minute ago, boz said:

I believe it is Jake Allen for the Bears on Friday. 

That's good I like Jake gives 100% , good choice 

Listening to the promotion team on BBC Tees last night I got the impression it was Jake Allen  for all 3 matches over the weekend. 

Is that correct?

He is the guest for at least Friday and Saturday I believe. Not 100% sure on Sunday but would make perfect sense. 

4 minutes ago, johnyson66 said:

Who's guesting for Newcastle then ? 

Not telling you, as am sure your not interested in Newcastles guest/s, you'll just have to wait and see ;)

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, boz said:

He is the guest for at least Friday and Saturday I believe. Not 100% sure on Sunday but would make perfect sense. 

He doesn't have a great record at Newcastle (to date) , hence the question.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Yearbyred said:

He doesn't have a great record at Newcastle (to date) , hence the question.

Think you will find it might be Adam Ellis for the Away Leg

Regards
THJ

• Like 1