British Speedway Forum
johnyson66

Bears v Diamond's KOCF

2 minutes ago, mikebv said:

1.1 billion of us fans now worldwide (allegedly), so there must be some even in such a far away place as Wuckintun...  :D

maybe there is, but i dont live in workington !

but  its well known that proper manc  footie fans support the blue side and all the man you fans come from outside manchester , as you pointed out ...glory hunters . 

14 minutes ago, mikebv said:

1.1 billion of us fans now worldwide (allegedly), so there must be some even in such a far away place as Wuckintun...  :D

1-0 to the toon :drink:

Edited by soupy
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, jenga said:

but  its well known that proper manc  footie fans support the blue side and all the man you fans come from outside manchester , as you pointed out ...glory hunters . 

:D of course. ..

Over 60000 of us glory hunters there in Nov 1974 when we played Sunderland at OT in the 2nd Division..

My first game..

All from London,  Singapore, Japan and Ireland, USA and Norway... :D

If Citeh have one third of the citys football fans they are doing very well and will have improved their standing considerably since they started winning things.. 

Up to seven years or so ago there were more Liverpool shirts sold in Mcr than City's...:D

Bless them...

Edited by mikebv

Tie very much alive after the first leg.

Bit like last week and the Bears couldn’t push on and the last 2 drawn heats made the end feel a bit flat at the end. Having said that I would have been happy with 10 points before the start so it shows how your emotions change during a meeting.

Bears top 3 very good and flashes from the second strings but not consistent enough. Thought the Diamonds all rode really hard and if they show that level of commitment in their home circuit it could be a very close finish. Need Jordan and Kasper to chip in with some points and I know they both aren’t keen on Brought Park.

Some cracking racing in front of an excellent crowd. Thanks to Jake Allen who was a fantastic guest. 

Set up nicely for the second leg on Sunday (or whenever it’s held).

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Yearbyred said:

Tie very much alive after the first leg.

Bit like last week and the Bears couldn’t push on and the last 2 drawn heats made the end feel a bit flat at the end. Having said that I would have been happy with 10 points before the start so it shows how your emotions change during a meeting.

Bears top 3 very good and flashes from the second strings but not consistent enough. Thought the Diamonds all rode really hard and if they show that level of commitment in their home circuit it could be a very close finish. Need Jordan and Kasper to chip in with some points and I know they both aren’t keen on Brought Park.

Some cracking racing in front of an excellent crowd. Thanks to Jake Allen who was a fantastic guest. 

Set up nicely for the second leg on Sunday (or whenever it’s held).

BSPA website has it as 51-39 so a 12 point lead

3 minutes ago, homer said:

BSPA website has it as 51-39 so a 12 point lead

It is 12 - I was saying I would have been happy with 10 before the start, but felt a bit let down it wasn’t more than 12 given we were ahead by a decent amount mid meeting.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Yearbyred said:

It is 12 - I was saying I would have been happy with 10 before the start, but felt a bit let down it wasn’t more than 12 given we were ahead by a decent amount mid meeting.

it should have been, but they clung on like dog dirt on your shoe

Updates has the score for heat 9 wrong, was a 3-3 with Stewart finishing 3rd ahead of Clegg.

Was a bit of a strange meeting really. Felt like we were in control throughout but just could not quite pull away. Heatleaders were excellent and Allen was a superb guest, maybe a good audition for next season...?

Newcastle battled hard though, Bjerre has his best meeting here in a while and Wethers and Ostergaard both impressed (thankful that Ulrich was not at reserve!)

All to play for - I make Bears the slight favourites but think it will go down to the wire.

5 minutes ago, jenga said:

update site has it @ 50/40 . :blink:

Heat 9 was a 3-3 not a 2-4 I seem to remember (as someone who doesn’t fill in a programme)

51-39.

Golden heats anyone?

As the diamonds used r/r for Jorgensen surely they should've named club asset josh as number 8 incase of any sort of problem to the other 6 diamonds.... 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, jenga said:

Followed them from 1960 or earlier marra, City always played right way though.