British Speedway Forum
johnyson66

Bears v Diamond's KOCF

2 hours ago, johnyson66 said:

Weather forecast doesn't look great for tomorrow  , it's a pity Newcastle don't have covers for the track :rofl:

Can they not use the covers they put on the dog track?

16 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Glasgow hadn't been beaten in the league, until they came to Newcastle,,, first time for anything.

Doesn't matter if you win , you need 52 points which I doubt you will get 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Can they not use the covers they put on the dog track?

Yeah, possibly,,, as long as they put them silver side up :t:

5 hours ago, pienpeesman said:

That's what Poole probably thought against Ipswich in there semi play off... But there again the bears top 3 + Anderson will do enough I think.. unless clegg can show his early to mid season form & worrall & bjerre produce at least 10 points apiece I can see us maybe pulling it back. But it will have to be by heat 6 to give us a chance lifting the cup but whatever the result let's hope it's a case of all riders put on a good meeting without any injuries,, at least the gems have silverware tho.. I hope the diamonds can do the same but it will be tough 

Agree but IMO Newcastle will need to be at 48 points by heat 12 to stand a chance of gettng to 52 as 13 and 15 have not been very productive for the Diamonds all season and my bladder may give out if we need anything more than a point from the final race...

Oh and Doug Lawson better bring his rubber pants to wear over his terry nappy because he is gonna be doing some drinking and I will be on a mission and using a taxi... cos a was driving last night and had to be on my best behaviour...  Grrrrrrr...

Regards

THJ 

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn

5 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

Agree with what you say about the reserves, but Clegg needs to get back to a bit of form. With Wright, Riss and Ellis, you have potentially 3 riders that could go unbeaten by a Diamond, whereas as I couldn't be as confident about even 1 Diamond doing the same.

Get the 'Mr Sheen' out JD ;)

Sorry to interrupt your downer Ruff, but didn't Stevie Worrall, score 14 + 1, (paid max), when these 2 sides, met a month ago.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, sidewinder said:

Sorry to interrupt your downer Ruff, but didn't Stevie Worrall, score 14 + 1, (paid max), when these 2 sides, met a month ago.

Aye but,,, his form has been so in and out, I wouldn't like to think he could do it twice in a row ;)

5 hours ago, johnyson66 said:

Weather forecast doesn't look great for tomorrow  , it's a pity Newcastle don't have covers for the track :rofl:

Covers don't work at Newcastle. The water drains from the greyhound track (which is higher than the speedway track) from underneath. It comes out of speedway track from the bottom up. Unlike at Berwick, for example, where it drains off the track onto the football pitch (which is why they can't use the covers if there is a home match on).

While I bow to your expertise in civil engineering, the actual reason Berwick can't have covers down on a "soccer Saturday" is because the football authorities insisted they be lifted along the straights in case players caught their studs in them if they ran off the field of play.    

27 minutes ago, leander said:

Covers don't work at Newcastle. The water drains from the greyhound track (which is higher than the speedway track) from underneath. It comes out of speedway track from the bottom up. Unlike at Berwick, for example, where it drains off the track onto the football pitch (which is why they can't use the covers if there is a home match on).

It was a discussion that was had last week where lots of speedway followers rubbished the idea hence the smiley emoji,  I was just stirring a bit ;)

Diamonds don’t  have the fire power for this one. Stevie not the problem here, Matty will be fine but don’t see many points from anywhere else. I believe Redcar will probably win on the night to be honest. 
Hope it’s a good crowd and not too many put off by weather forecast.

16 minutes ago, johnyson66 said:

It was a discussion that was had last week where lots of speedway followers rubbished the idea hence the smiley emoji,  I was just stirring a bit ;)

I disagree, I don't think the idea was 'rubbished',,, they will work in certain situations, but am not sure that it's just a case of throwing a few bin liners down, a little bit more thought needs put into whether, they will or won't work and, the club has the means to carrying it out successfully.

Edited by ruffdiamond
  • Like 1

It is great to see Redcar having a successful year in 2019.

delighted for them

i expect them to take the trophy.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Gunner85 said:

It is great to see Redcar having a successful year in 2019.

delighted for them

i expect them to take the trophy.

Ellesmere Port supporter , now there's a blast from the past , just had to look up when your track closed and I couldn't believe it was 85 , remember seeing them a few times Louis Carr,  Peter Carr,  Neil Collins , oh happy days them 

Rider replacement for a heat leader in a national cup final man.   They wonder why the sport is dying on its arse.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bringbackHalifax said:

Diamonds don’t  have the fire power for this one. Stevie not the problem here, Matty will be fine but don’t see many points from anywhere else. I believe Redcar will probably win on the night to be honest. 
Hope it’s a good crowd and not too many put off by weather forecast.

Ulrich Ostergaard has been flying the last few meetings, so points will also come from him.  IF Max Clegg can get some form back then he could be the trump card at reserve.  

Still all to play for and, as I hinted in a previous post, I wouldn't be at all surprised if it didn't go down to Golden Heats.