British Speedway Forum
johnyson66

Bears v Diamond's KOCF

6 hours ago, slyfox said:

If that was to happen it would rule out Adam Ellis (& Jake Allen) as guests for M P T due to PL finals. Plus is there a dogs meeting on on a Monday?

How does that effect the Diamonds?? :D:o:P

6 hours ago, StevePark said:

I don't think we are allowed to run on a Monday due to it being 'protected' against the Premiership and there is a Play-off final being held tomorrow (I don't know the situation once the Premiership is finished!).

Must be allowed to run on a Monday otherwise why have it as our other optional race night!! 

13 minutes ago, diamond@heart said:

Must be allowed to run on a Monday otherwise why have it as our other optional race night!! 

13 minutes ago, diamond@heart said:

Don't understand your answers. If there were a dogs meeting on how could they run Speedway as well. Not sure Monday has been your off night this season same way Redcar could not use Thursday as they are both P L nights. Plus, both teams would have to agree a new date & if one of the Bears riders was not available i.e. there guest I'm sure they would not agree it.

Edited by slyfox

The rule regarding race nights does not preclude CL teams racing on Monday or Thursday (nor PL teams racing the other nights. However it does give rider priority to the appropriate league.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, slyfox said:

Don't understand your answers. If there were a dogs meeting on how could they run Speedway as well. Not sure Monday has been your off night this season same way Redcar could not use Thursday as they are both P L nights. Plus, both teams would have to agree a new date & if one of the Bears riders was not available i.e. there guest I'm sure they would not agree it.

Why not, someone stated that if it was Monday Jake Allen or Ellis weren't available, how does that affect the Diamonds, plenty other riders Redcar can call up. 

Dogs meetings are not run on a Monday and I'm sure it is our alternative race night. So in the interest of getting this fixture run, why not run it tomorrow. 

5 hours ago, diamond@heart said:

Monday's are very hard to run at Newcastle theses days as we don't have enough track staff to run a meeting & that's apart from other issues preventing a meeting.. unless we get more volunteers to help out this will always be the case... Especially for next Sunday weather permitting of course as there are a few members at other meetings.. so any extra help would be a huge help

Just watched BBC Look North, got to admit Jeff Brown does an excellent job of promoting the sport to the wider North-East public. A segment of almost 3 mins of coverage with-in a News programme is good going.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, pvm said:

Just watched BBC Look North, got to admit Jeff Brown does an excellent job of promoting the sport to the wider North-East public. A segment of almost 3 mins of coverage with-in a News programme is good going.

Jeff used to do the reports for the Journal, many moons ago and, if my memory serves me correctly, Sunderland before that.  

• Like 1