British Speedway Forum
johnyson66

Bears v Diamond's KOCF

Been saying all week that 12 points would be enough , seems to me the second half of the meeting some of our riders  seem to fall off the pace , rather be 12 in front going into the away leg than 12 behind going into the home leg , Newcastle will give it a go but with  Riss and Wright and probably Adam Ellis I feel we have enough with our big boys to bring the cup to Teesside,  UTB 

Edited by johnyson66

Hope I am wrong tomorrow, I have always said its the reserves that win matches, heat leaders normally cancel each other out, and I think the Diamonds 6 and 7 will have too much for our two!,.

• Confused 1

Bears will be too strong in my opinion with Ellis in there and us doing r/r that lead will not be in any danger .

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Coraldon said:

Hope I am wrong tomorrow, I have always said its the reserves that win matches, heat leaders normally cancel each other out, and I think the Diamonds 6 and 7 will have too much for our two!,.

Can't see Newcastle pulling 12 points back , Greaves will pull something out of the bag when we need it , can't for the life of me seeing Newcastle winning by more than 6 points at the most 

28 minutes ago, Coraldon said:

Agree with what you say about the reserves, but Clegg needs to get back to a bit of form. With Wright, Riss and Ellis, you have potentially 3 riders that could go unbeaten by a Diamond, whereas as I couldn't be as confident about even 1 Diamond doing the same.

Get the 'Mr Sheen' out JD ;)

Edited by ruffdiamond
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Agree with what you say about the reserves, but Clegg needs to get back to a bit of form. With Wright, Riss and Ellis, you have potentially 3 riders that could go unbeaten by a Diamond, whereas as I couldn't be as confident as even 1 Diamond doing the same.

Get the 'Mr Sheen' out JD ;)

Anything can happen as we all know , but I think you will agree that 12 points is a handy lead and as a Newcastle fan you can't see how they can pull that deficit back , may get 6 to 8 points back but unless we have a disaster then we are firm favourites for the cup 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jenga said:

you sandbagging there ruff ?

A think it'll be like the somme :neutral:

8 minutes ago, johnyson66 said:

Anything can happen as we all know , but I think you will agree that 12 points is a handy lead and as a Newcastle fan you can't see how they can pull that deficit back , may get 6 to 8 points back but unless we have a disaster then we are firm favourites for the cup 

Yeah, 12  is good, but I did expect it to be a bit bigger.

It's a bit like when you go somewhere, it seems a long way but its always easier to get back.

Edited by ruffdiamond
  • Haha 1

if newcastle all fire together they will win overall, but Clegg wethers bjerre and even worrall isnt the same rider these days are all down on form atm and with no guest for jorgensen anything can happen imo only ostergaard on form 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, johnyson66 said:

Weather forecast doesn't look great for tomorrow  , it's a pity Newcastle don't have covers for the track :rofl:

Well that might mean that the bears have to wait a little bit longer to get both hands on a cup.

3 hours ago, johnyson66 said:

Been saying all week that 12 points would be enough , seems to me the second half of the meeting some of our riders  seem to fall off the pace , rather be 12 in front going into the away leg than 12 behind going into the home leg , Newcastle will give it a go but with  Riss and Wright and probably Adam Ellis I feel we have enough with our big boys to bring the cup to Teesside,  UTB 

That's what Poole probably thought against Ipswich in there semi play off... But there again the bears top 3 + Anderson will do enough I think.. unless clegg can show his early to mid season form & worrall & bjerre produce at least 10 points apiece I can see us maybe pulling it back. But it will have to be by heat 6 to give us a chance lifting the cup but whatever the result let's hope it's a case of all riders put on a good meeting without any injuries,, at least the gems have silverware tho.. I hope the diamonds can do the same but it will be tough 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, pablo133 said:

if newcastle all fire together they will win overall, but Clegg wethers bjerre and even worrall isnt the same rider these days are all down on form atm and with no guest for jorgensen anything can happen imo only ostergaard on form 

Anything can happen but not counting my chickens since Riss has been signed the Bears have never been beaten by more than 10 points,  I think that shows the size of the task for the Diamonds 

• Like 1

Glasgow hadn't been beaten in the league, until they came to Newcastle,,, first time for anything.