British Speedway Forum

Happy to see James Sarjeant back, can’t make my mind up about Lawson. Wore vintage Wolves and Aces Kevlars last season but certainly didn’t ride like that. If he brings a bike fit for purpose who knows. Two new boys, time will tell. Good to see fresh faces but tracking 2 lads new to GB tracks in main body of the team is a gamble. Hope it pays off. So 3 Aussies, 3 Brits and a Norwegian. Take it Sam will be captain.

Lasse rides in Sweden last year and I think he will shock a fair few people... Very talented young rider... Him and Glenn Moi have been the pride of Norway the last few years :DI know that doesn't mean a lot... But I am confident he will perform well next year... In a league like this... Kye I know very little about but I'm sure he'll do ok at 2, and at reserve when James increases his average... Still don't see the obsession with William Lawson, other than the fact he's Scottish riding for a Scottish team... Is he the same William Lawson that had an 8.00 average riding at number 1 once? :shock: What happened? I know he took a break... But still

Put it this way... He did alright against some big names in the GP qualifiers this year... He'll do a job in the Championship I'm sure and I can't wait to see my fellow Scandinavian ride Brough Park for the first time :D

SLANGERUP.PNG

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dandelion said:

Put it this way... He did alright against some big names in the GP qualifiers this year... He'll do a job in the Championship I'm sure and I can't wait to see my fellow Scandinavian ride Brough Park for the first time :D

SLANGERUP.PNG

That was 2018. In 2019 he scored 3 in Abensberg. 

11 hours ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Oh god hahahaha big battles for the spoon this year

Maybe, maybe not, you have to credit to the Edinburgh promotion at least for looking at bringing in new assets and anyway their top three should mean they are capable of winning at home at least though they may take a few hammerings on their travels.

Lets hope they do better with this Australian import than their last one who ended up being the worst ever newcomer.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, screm said:

Lets hope they do better with this Australian import than their last one who ended up being the worst ever newcomer.

Tad harsh Pickering has done alright :P

It’s a team that could go well or could be a big of a disaster. Lasse been riding in Sweden, Denmark and Norway last year looking to come across and make the next step in his career.
Kye has only been riding speedway since 2016 and has come a long way in that time and will hopefully continue to improve.

happy to have William and James at reserve. Sarj starting down there with Edinburgh as his home track will give him a good confident start to the season that should hopefully push him on a touch again. 
william was scoring well near the end of the season and is putting a good amount of money into his speedway for next year. Looking to have a brand new one plus he’s got a sponsor for new engine.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

It’s a team that could go well or could be a big of a disaster. Lasse been riding in Sweden, Denmark and Norway last year looking to come across and make the next step in his career.
Kye has only been riding speedway since 2016 and has come a long way in that time and will hopefully continue to improve.

happy to have William and James at reserve. Sarj starting down there with Edinburgh as his home track will give him a good confident start to the season that should hopefully push him on a touch again. 
william was scoring well near the end of the season and is putting a good amount of money into his speedway for next year. Looking to have a brand new one plus he’s got a sponsor for new engine.

Lasse's countryman Glenn Moi rode ok in the GP Qualifier at Glasgow in the Summer

1 hour ago, Cj69 said:

Tad harsh Pickering has done alright :P

It’s just a snide remark from a Berwick fan who has got his facts wrong:rolleyes:;)

3 hours ago, Fromafar said:

It’s just a snide remark from a Berwick fan who has got his facts wrong:rolleyes:;)

Got out of bed the wrong side this morning did we.

4 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Thought Lawson was investing in equipment last year.

I had noted that he borrowed a motor off Masters & his scores improved. This is why he has said he will invest in new(ish) equipment & why he was given a spot.

Will the 2 newbies be able to ride Armadale that’s the big question and will they be able to drop below there accessed average so one could end up in the main body all year but at least the reserves can both get extra rides 

Very surprised with the signing of Lasse Fredriksen. I may have missed something over that last couple of years but of his age group Glen Moi and Thomas Gunnestad were far better though I think Thomas does not ride much now? Norway is not exactly the hotbed of speedway these days. Lasse may turn out to be a good signing for you but I am a bit baffled.

2 hours ago, mac101 said:

Will the 2 newbies be able to ride Armadale that’s the big question and will they be able to drop below there accessed average so one could end up in the main body all year but at least the reserves can both get extra rides 

Don't think they can drop below their assessed averages on paper, so both could end up staying in the main body for the duration.