British Speedway Forum

4 minutes ago, The Doctor... said:

Looks good, what did they price it at for the trial last season ?

Think it was around £10

I would buy a stream to watch Edinburgh when Glasgow are not racing but obviously I wouldnt qualify as I live within the 50 mile radius, I dont drive, so wouldnt be able to attend in person as I rely on friends to take me when Glasgow are there.

18 minutes ago, Cookiefan said:

I would buy a stream to watch Edinburgh when Glasgow are not racing but obviously I wouldnt qualify as I live within the 50 mile radius, I dont drive, so wouldnt be able to attend in person as I rely on friends to take me when Glasgow are there.

VPN set the location to london and bingo you can watch it. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, poolebolton said:

VPN set the location to london and bingo you can watch it. 

How does that work? 

12 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

How does that work? 

Well you can’t watch with in 50 miles but if you set the computer to register it’s in London then you are outside of 50 miles. 

Very simple 

23 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

Well you can’t watch with in 50 miles but if you set the computer to register it’s in London then you are outside of 50 miles. 

Very simple 

Don't think it's the IP address that's the problem.    Think it's more likely that the stipulation will be that you have to pay with a credit card registered to a postcode more than 50 miles away.

So you'd have to find someone elsewhere in the country to pay for you.

Having said that, what's to stop one person buying it and then streaming it to everyone else?  

The football Premier League and BT/Sky etc spend millions tracking down and closing illegal streaming services, and still it's very easy to find an illegal stream of any football match you want.  What resources are the Edinburgh promotion going to have available to trace illegal steams?

Edited by PotteringAround
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

Very simple 

It's all ok, but what if some folk can't get there because of health issues etc?

I don't get why there's a 50 mile exclusion zone, surely if it's £10 on tv or £17 approx to watch it live you`d watch it live. It may have a slight effect on attendances but not that much I'd have thought

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, bruno said:

I don't get why there's a 50 mile exclusion zone, surely if it's £10 on tv or £17 approx to watch it live you`d watch it live. It may have a slight effect on attendances but not that much I'd have thought

Maybe the 50 mile exclusion zone is to discriminate against locals???

1 hour ago, ruffdiamond said:

It's all ok, but what if some folk can't get there because of health issues etc?

Get a VPN. Really not complicated. My grandfather uses them. 

1 hour ago, PotteringAround said:

Don't think it's the IP address that's the problem.    Think it's more likely that the stipulation will be that you have to pay with a credit card registered to a postcode more than 50 miles away.

So you'd have to find someone elsewhere in the country to pay for you.

Having said that, what's to stop one person buying it and then streaming it to everyone else?  

The football Premier League and BT/Sky etc spend millions tracking down and closing illegal streaming services, and still it's very easy to find an illegal stream of any football match you want.  What resources are the Edinburgh promotion going to have available to trace illegal steams?

Then you just get a friend or family member. Not that hard either. 

21 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

Get a VPN. Really not complicated. My grandfather uses them. 

Not the point really :neutral:

1 minute ago, ruffdiamond said:

Not the point really :neutral:

So what’s the point? You just say health reasons. Don’t Edinburgh do a bus service? 

41 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

So what’s the point? You just say health reasons. Don’t Edinburgh do a bus service? 

Dunno, does the bus service cover the 50 mile radius?