British Speedway Forum

29 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

Another british rider who's a victim of the new rules... I'm so confused as to how josh bates can be a rising star but james cant? Other than family ties

Making James a rising star wouldn't help him anyway as he'd be a 4, meaning Edinburgh still couldn't use him

He may also have turned it down 

Edited by Marshall07

4 minutes ago, Marshall07 said:

Making James a rising star wouldn't help him anyway as he'd be a 4, meaning Edinburgh still couldn't use him

He may also have turned it down 

Not saying he should be one, but how is he not if Josh Bates is?

I would guess it will be  Luke Ruddick on a 3 star. 

19 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

I would guess it will be  Luke Ruddick on a 3 star. 

I thought so too, but hasn't he moved down south now? Which makes it a little less likely... Connor Coles or Jack Smith would be nice to see...

Has Kye or Lasse been signed up elsewhere in Europe?

26 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

do we know he wasn't asked to be on the scheme 

Just now, phillwhitewasmad said:

do we know he wasn't asked to be on the scheme 

Well, he'd be a bit daft to turn it down as it's now lost him a team place and what's the disadvantage to NOT being on the scheme? He can still ride not as a rising star, it just widens his chances of a team place

14 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

I thought so too, but hasn't he moved down south now? Which makes it a little less likely... Connor Coles or Jack Smith would be nice to see...

I believe Ruddick is based in the Suffolk area, but as a ex-Edinburgh rider he must stand a chance.

43 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

Age,have to be U/25

24 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

He did when he rode at Mildenhall, but I read last year he has moved further up so you never know he could be interested. Didn't he ride for awhile for the Monarchs many years ago.? He rode for them at Newcastle and he gated well, was right behind the rest, and although he didn't score a point, he was not outclassed. Knowing him from the junior days, I was impressed with his efforts. 

29 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

Well, he'd be a bit daft to turn it down as it's now lost him a team place and what's the disadvantage to NOT being on the scheme? He can still ride not as a rising star, it just widens his chances of a team place

It hasn't cost him a team place. If he was on the scheme Edinburgh still couldn't use him as their rising star

21 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Age,have to be U/25

Tom Bacon is 28.

joe lawlor got to be in with a shout loads of championship experience gained from leicester 

Monarch fans will get a nice surprise with the announcement of the unfortunate james Sargent's replacement.. & I still can't understand why sarj has lost his place due to the * rating system when others who have been around longer don't seem to be affected.. suppose when the powers that be who may be related to some riders.. & it's a case of JOBS for the boys 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Monarch fans will get a nice surprise with the announcement of the unfortunate james Sargent's replacement.. & I still can't understand why sarj has lost his place due to the * rating system when others who have been around longer don't seem to be affected.. suppose when the powers that be who may be related to some riders.. & it's a case of JOBS for the boys 

*cough, cough*, 

You mean of course that "It's a case of it's in the interest of Speedway"...

*cough*..

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Tsunami said:

He did when he rode at Mildenhall, but I read last year he has moved further up so you never know he could be interested. Didn't he ride for awhile for the Monarchs many years ago.? He rode for them at Newcastle and he gated well, was right behind the rest, and although he didn't score a point, he was not outclassed. Knowing him from the junior days, I was impressed with his efforts. 

Yes he did but think he had an injury