British Speedway Forum

19 hours ago, foamfence said:

Well he left Redcar with no warning and then after they signed a replacement, asked for his job back!

Think you have got your Jacks mixed up 

• Like 1

https://sportfirst.sportscotland.org.uk/articles/1m-boost-for-scottish-sport/?fbclid=IwAR09O0rOOAqZASrZITKZKCUnQQIq-IOvEj0L1bNcrmcSfUkBZNs1d0xFHVQ

some good news not only for us but for our friends down the road also. Will help both clubs massively financially especially if the first couple of meetings will have to be behind closed doors. However hopefully not.

Very interesting and encouraging announcement today about Monarchs' plans for an Academy conduit -- leading from tiny toddlers' bikes right up to the Championship team.  

• Like 2

What's an "inflatable track" mentioned in John Campbell's statement on the BSPA web site? Not heard of that before.

1 hour ago, Bunce said:

What's an "inflatable track" mentioned in John Campbell's statement on the BSPA web site? Not heard of that before.

It's a inflatable fence you blow up on grass ect and then you got a mini track for small bikes electric ect

1 minute ago, Trackerman48 said:

It's a inflatable fence you blow up on grass ect and then you got a mini track for small bikes electric ect

Thanks Trackerman. I guess it should have read "inflatable fence" not "inflatable track" as it said on the BSPA statement, would have made more sense to me then! Great idea though, anything to get youngsters skidding round is good. I had visions of four bikes on a bouncy castle!!!

1 minute ago, Bunce said:

Thanks Trackerman. I guess it should have read "inflatable fence" not "inflatable track" as it said on the BSPA statement, would have made more sense to me then! Great idea though, anything to get youngsters skidding round is good. I had visions of four bikes on a bouncy castle!!!

To me it's the way forward get the younger kids hooked on them and who knows where it could lead to hopefully it works for Edinburgh.  

Brilliant announcement but I wonder where U.K. speedway would be today if this had been organised throughout the leagues 20 years ago?

Well done to Edinburgh, GWC's suggestion would have only have worked if the promoters owned the stadium and nothing took place on the centergreen, it couldn't be done at Ashfield due to the football pitch for instance.

I get your point tyretrax but there would be a need for cooperation between tracks.

Edinburgh and Glasgow could combine and become Scotland’s training centre.

Likewise North Midlands and South centres where tracks have full access to their stadiums.

Training needs to undertaken without interference from a promotion who will be inclined to favour their ‘own’.

I believe Denmark and Poland have had a scheme like this and even Australia on going for many years.

Hi Edinburgh fans 

I am after a bit of advice . Thinking about coming up for the meeting in may ,it seems the track is actually a good distance outside of Edinburgh. How long would it be from the City centre or approx cost in a Taxi ? would it be better staying in Livingston ? what do other fans do when they make the trip up ? all advice appreciated .  

Just now, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Hi Edinburgh fans 

I am after a bit of advice . Thinking about coming up for the meeting in may ,it seems the track is actually a good distance outside of Edinburgh. How long would it be from the City centre or approx cost in a Taxi ? would it be better staying in Livingston ? what do other fans do when they make the trip up ? all advice appreciated .  

Armadale is approx 25-30 miles from city centre ,They run a supporters bus from city centre that would be your best bet IMO.Edinburgh fans on here  will put you on the right track though.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Armadale is approx 25-30 miles from city centre ,They run a supporters bus from city centre that would be your best bet IMO.Edinburgh fans on here  will put you on the right track though.

Train to Bathgate and taxi works, or stay in Bathgate

Think a taxi from Edinburgh to Bathgate cost us about £35 in 2019

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Hi Edinburgh fans 

Yeah as has been said previously Armadale is actually a good bit out of Edinburgh 

if you are driving up and just looking for nearest place to stay then Bathgate would be best bet as only a £5 or £6 taxi from there to the stadium and there are a few pubs restaurants etc there 

If staying in Edinburgh itself then as said there is a supporters bus that runs from the city centre and returns leaving 15 minutes after heat 15. Although with social distancing etc I’m unsure exactly on the situation with that this year

There is public transport from Edinburgh to Armadale best bets being the train from Waverley or Haymarket stations to bathgate station then a taxi or the x18 bus which runs from city centre to right outside the stadium, this would prob take about 45mins to an hour last bus back to Edinburgh at around 22.05

details here https://www.lothianbuses.com/our-services/lothian-country/

one thing just to watch out for a little is I would have a little look at timetables etc as currently a lot of public transport is finishing earlier and not sure if these will be back to normal by 21st May as Scotland’s restrictions are a little different to down south 

any questions just give me a shout 

• Thanks 1

The following is the link to book your tickets for the Edinburgh Double Header on the 6th of June 2021

Please follow the link below to access the online booking portal:

https://www.trybooking.co.uk/BAVF 

Remember if you can book in blocks of 6 all the better and there are approximately 44 blocks left so to maximise the entry numbers please try and link in or join up with others as its the difference of getting 44 singles in to the ground or 264 in!!! which will make a massive difference...

Regards
THJ