British Speedway Forum

30 minutes ago, Tosh1218 said:

Won’t spoil your thunder but rode last year for a team that you needed a ferry to get to

crost de mersee,,, Ellesmere Port? ;)

1 hour ago, Tosh1218 said:

Won’t spoil your thunder but rode last year for a team that you needed a ferry to get to

Morley count? Just a guess

3 hours ago, Tosh1218 said:

Danno how well thats going to go down

On 2/20/2021 at 8:13 PM, Triple.H. said:

Never trust a talent however good they are if they are stuck in the mindset of retirement/break/comeback from the sport as they'll always let you down

Thats a bit of a tough statement on jack as a lot of folk dont know what his private life has entailed over the past few years & he will come back with a bang this year as he is just getting a few things sorted for his comeback & what ive heart he is well up for the challenge ahead

Edited by Justgotmecpc
Error

5 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Will learn this Friday night on the 2021 season reveal show who the rising star will be.

Mmmm could be from the north west of the country 

9 hours ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Mmmm could be from the north west of the country 

Lawlor maybe?

Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 1

Cannot be danno verge like... hell be well off the pace, nearly as out of his depth as joe alcock will be

• Sad 1

20 hours ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Thats a bit of a tough statement on jack as a lot of folk dont know what his private life has entailed over the past few years & he will come back with a bang this year as he is just getting a few things sorted for his comeback & what ive heart he is well up for the challenge ahead

I hope he does very well as he certainly has the talent, my point though about him was meant more as a generalisation that riders who constantly need a break etc are always a gamble as they can leave the team in the lurch, Though plenty of teams are far to quick to drop an under performing rider

• Like 2

Edinburgh team for 2021

Sam Masters

Ritchie Worrall

Josh Pickering

Kai Thomson

William Lawson

Joe Lawlor

Nathan Greaves

20 minutes ago, screm said:

Edinburgh team for 2021

Sam Masters

Ritchie Worrall

Josh Pickering

Kai Thomson

William Lawson

Joe Lawlor

Nathan Greaves

So two changes then.....

3 good heatleaders but a few question marks over the other 4 imo.

• Like 2

On 2/20/2021 at 8:13 PM, Triple.H. said:

Never trust a talent however good they are if they are stuck in the mindset of retirement/break/comeback from the sport as they'll always let you down

Find it  quite sad you are happy to write off a young lad without any knowledge of his circumstances. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ossetttiger said:

Find it  quite sad you are happy to write off a young lad without any knowledge of his circumstances. 

Well he left Redcar with no warning and then after they signed a replacement, asked for his job back!

25 minutes ago, Ossetttiger said:

My post is a generalisaton, for example i don't know off the top of my head how many young British riders have taken a break from the sport at the drop of a hat in the last 5 seasons.  I do know however that its far too many, so what are the reasons

Money or lack of it

Too much pressure and/or fear of failure

Fear due to having a few big getoffs so now worried about another painful injury

The UK policy on non competitive sports etc as you don't want to upset children who lose the egg and spoon race, who then get totally confused by seeing their parents doing the same race like their lives depended on it, 30 minutes later that day

Professional junior, nice signwritten van and a bit of eyecandy on the arm

Drugs/Alcohol

For what its worth to encourage young British riders i think there should be a ruling, foreign rider comes in on say an assessed 4 point average, his teambuilding average should never drop below that figure, but his GSA should be what his riding position is based on.