British Speedway Forum

41 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Happily have a reserve pairing of Lawson and Sarjeant if possible.

I think Wullie is chucking it. 

1 hour ago, JanAndersen said:

I thought he chucked it last season :D.

2 hours ago, JanAndersen said:

He will be back next year 

2 hours ago, JanAndersen said:

As mac has basically said, he’s not.

3 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Happily have a reserve pairing of Lawson and Sarjeant if possible.

I think Glasgow would love that pairing........in the Monarchs 1-7.
Two riders unlikely to improve much if any. 

After this year, I’d be astonished if Edinburgh went down such a week route. You just need to have a misfiring number one, as was the case with Wells this year, and you’ve no back up. 

20 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

After this year, I’d be astonished if Edinburgh went down such a week route. You just need to have a misfiring number one, as was the case with Wells this year, and you’ve no back up. 

Huge difference between Ricky Wells and Sam Masters. 

15 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

Sarjeant good round Armadale and would clean up at home and would chip in away. Lawson not exactly the worst number 7 you could have. 

masters is in a different class to wells so won’t have that problem.

53 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Sarjeant good round Armadale and would clean up at home and would chip in away. Lawson not exactly the worst number 7 you could have. 

masters is in a different class to wells so won’t have that problem.

No one would argue about Masters vs Wells. But Sarjeant helping at home won’t get you a league win. 
Btw, no one want Heeps back? Or have I missed he’s gone elsewhere?

The Cook / Masters clashes at the dale next season should be worth the price of admission on their own. 

No problems with having a big hitter to lead the team, as 2014 proved, that is more important than reserves who can score heavily......in the playoffs at least. 

18 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

No one would argue about Masters vs Wells. But Sarjeant helping at home won’t get you a league win. 
Btw, no one want Heeps back? Or have I missed he’s gone elsewhere?

Heeps wanted to return but numbers game unfortunately has stopped it happening.

On 10/10/2019 at 8:28 PM, JanAndersen said:

Don't disagree. Attracting new fans to speedway at Armadale is difficult. If we were back in town (pie in the sky i know) then marketing it becomes a lot easier - not easy but a lot easier. I'll keep buying Euromillions tickets........ 

I disagree, West Lothian and the surrounding areas are massive, and unlike the city doesn't have many other "big" sporting competition. (Sorry Livi and Rose fans) Hibs, Hearts, Edinburgh Rugby along with all the other activities you can do on a Friday night. 

The problem is after 21 years the club, in my opinion, still don't want to recognise themselves as a West Lothian club, and do not embrace the locals. 

The official supporters bus, still refuses to have a pick up point in West Lothian for away meetings, so if you're in West Lothian you need to get yourself home (25-30 miles) in the middle of the night. 

We should be doing everything possible to attract people of West Lothian, and its time to ditch the "we are an Edinburgh club, just here till we find somewhere else" attitude. 

Would take Sarj back if he starts season at reserve. Lawson on the other hand no thanks.  Ruddick first choice for a low avg reserve if not him Coles impressed me with his efforts.  Bickley be another decent at reserve but can't see that happening.  

Would happily see Joel Andersson back but we may have burned our bridge there.  

5 hours ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

So Masters, R Worrall, Pickering, Lawson, Sarjeant who is the other 2? 

The Germans are coming 

5 hours ago, mac101 said:

The Germans are coming 

Hoping I was right with Mark Riss. Wolbert too?.. Surely well over the points threshold. 

Edited by JanAndersen