British Speedway Forum
johnyson66

Favourite Rider and team you support favorite rider

My favourite rider from modern times is Mark Loram and from years ago when I first started watching speed way Joe Owen. As a Berwick fan was my favourite was rider to watch is Mark Courtney.

2 hours ago, screm said:

My favourite rider from modern times is Mark Loram and from years ago when I first started watching speed way Joe Owen. As a Berwick fan was my favourite was rider to watch is Mark Courtney.

Great stylist just unfortunate that he let off track issues influence him. Wasted talent in my view.

3 hours ago, steve roberts said:

Great stylist just unfortunate that he let off track issues influence him. Wasted talent in my view.

Yes I agree though we at Berwick probably saw the best of him as he finished top of the league averages in 1988 with a 10+ average then played his part in 1989 when Berwick famously won the KOC against Poole.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, screm said:

Yes I agree though we at Berwick probably saw the best of him as he finished top of the league averages in 1988 with a 10+ average then played his part in 1989 when Berwick famously won the KOC against Poole.

Berwick Speedway holds pleasant memories for me when holidaying in the area. Even took the trouble in locating the old track...miles from anywhere I seem to recall.

Edited by steve roberts

Bo Peterson,,Hackney ,,Lakeside..Bo was a big man but could turn a bike on a sixpence,,a real nice guy too.....

• Like 1

Joe Owen for me as a Diamonds fan since 75. A potential world class rider if not for injuries. Tragic how a guy who probably only fell off once a season ended up very badly injured twice.

• Like 1