British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ruckerroo

Kent v belle vue play off semi 2nd leg tonight

Evenly poised affair. Very tempted to attend but 100 miles for a potential rain off is a turn off. 
Fc seems to get nasty into late pm and worsen by dark in that area (n)

7 minutes ago, ruckerroo said:

Evenly poised affair. Very tempted to attend but 100 miles for a potential rain off is a turn off. 
Fc seems to get nasty into late pm and worsen by dark in that area (n)

Will Len let Belle Vue travel with such a poor weather forecast, that is the question. I'm certainly not keen about a late call off, but with no chance of an alternative race night, dates are running out. 

58 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

Will Len let Belle Vue travel with such a poor weather forecast, that is the question. I'm certainly not keen about a late call off, but with no chance of an alternative race night, dates are running out. 

I think this will be on but may only go to 10 heats if the predicted rain comes down. As you said we are running out of time/dates.

5 minutes ago, Old Crusader said:

I think this will be on but may only go to 10 heats if the predicted rain comes down. As you said we are running out of time/dates.

Track has had a lot of rain on it and won't take a lot more however a small deficit and rusty Belle Vue will mean Kent will definitely want this one going ahead. I certainly hope its a full and fair 15 heat affair with the best side coming out on top. Nobody likes these evnts decided by contentious decisions. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cityrebel said:

Looks like Len's going for it.

If he is going to call off, he always does it early.  He used to do that in his Hackney days. So it looks as if Cityrebel is right.

• Like 1

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Updates site? If so,  could you please send me a private message which includes your mobile phone number  

Thanks 

Fair play to Len and I hope they get the meeting on and over with 15 proper races and a fair result.

The weather has really drawn in last 2 weeks and I think those sides who have already finished for the season are quietly happy that they have; and those still with Fixtures to run just praying they can find a dry few days for big matches and a big crowd too to cap off their seasons.

Fine margins at this time of year with Fixtures / Crowds and Weather as sadly Workington and Lakeside found to their cost last season.

54 minutes ago, HGould said:

Fair play to Len and I hope they get the meeting on and over with 15 proper races and a fair result.

The weather has really drawn in last 2 weeks and I think those sides who have already finished for the season are quietly happy that they have; and those still with Fixtures to run just praying they can find a dry few days for big matches and a big crowd too to cap off their seasons.

Fine margins at this time of year with Fixtures / Crowds and Weather as sadly Workington and Lakeside found to their cost last season.

With playoffs and extended seasons,it is crazy trying to get these fixtures on in October!

As S4S said the league should be sorted by end August and any Cups done after.

• Thanks 1

Still looking for a texter for this meeting,  is anyone able to help please?

Thanks 

glad i didnt bother, times between 4 and 7 secs slower than usual, important meeting turned into a bit of a lottery .

• Like 3

Desperation to get a result, an important meeting run in appalling conditions.