British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
BOBBATH

To Steve (chunky) from a technopeasnt

This is for chunky- hi Steve I get PM's from you to jrbath@rogers.com. This is my wife's e-mail-(she has no interest in speedway) she forwards it on to me but I don't know how to get a response to you from my e-mail which is rbath4606@gmail.com. Could you send future PM's to the rbath4606 etc. !! address- I normally reserve this address only for drug dealers and hookers but in your case will make an exception for you- presuming you are  in neither of those two categories!!

This PM address can also be used by any other forumlanders who meet the above criteria- the internet still confuses me- sorry if I have broken any forum rules by responding to you this way -but not sure how else to do it. Cheers all, Bobbath

That's weird? The PM's on here should only stay as PM's on here; they shouldn't be connected to any email addresses. Unless there is a way to forward PM's to email addresses - which I don't know about?

Many apologies, Bob, but I have never heard of such a thing! What I will do is look and see if there are any settings, which you should be able to set/undo. Perhaps anyone else reading this knows something?

Okay, I think I found the culprit! While you are logged in go to "Account" in the menu. Then "Account Settings", and scroll down to "Notification Settings" (below "Other Settings). Click on that, and scroll down to the bottom where you should see a heading "Messenger". The tabs underneath will probably be showing green, which indicates that you will receive an email to tell you that you have a message. Disable those, and you should be good to go.

Thanx Steve , I am totally out to lunch on technology stuff-drives my wife crazy-if you (or in the unlikely event any other forumlanders) wanna contact me  you can  get me at rbath4606@gmail.com  for sure I will be able to read it. As I noted  this address is usually reserved just for hookers and drug dealers-but with all the messages I have just got there must be many forumlanders who meet one or other of these categories (or in some cases both). Sorry for interrupting the erudite discourse usually prevalent on this website. Cheers Bob

Actually, PM's on here SHOULD be the easiest - certainly if you disable those email settings. Seeing as I get hundreds of work emails every day, I do try to avoid recreational emails if necessary.

Now, I have noted your email address, but you should do one thing IMMEDIATELY. DELETE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESSES FROM THE ABOVE POSTS!  You should NEVER post your private email addresses on a public forum or page.

Again, I don't send PM's to any email address, just your username here.

Edited by chunky