British Speedway Forum
Fortythirtyeight

Well done the S.C.B.

So, who is allowed into the referees box once the meeting is underway?

On Monday at Kent  v Colts, I saw 4 or 5 different people in there at different times. Stadium owner Mr Cearns and Dave Jessup were two that I can name, dont know the others.

58 minutes ago, BobC said:

So, who is allowed into the referees box once the meeting is underway?

On Monday at Kent  v Colts, I saw 4 or 5 different people in there at different times. Stadium owner Mr Cearns and Dave Jessup were two that I can name, dont know the others.

It's about permissions more than numbers - people under the ref's control of the meeting have to get the say so from him or the clerk of the course to enter and speak with the ref.

Other randoms can come and go with local permission. Myself and some fellow forum members watched many a meeting from the smallmead and other boxes when friends were either reffing or on the mic - i could even tell you the time when myself and one other started a second half race or two in the old days, but anyway... if it's people involved in the meeting, its whoever has permission from the ref or clerk according to the regs anyway.

Cheers

• Like 1

13 hours ago, The Doctor... said:

The assault should get a ban.  Your mate should get a fine. So no comparison really. Next ?

My comments were aimed at pointing out the descrepency between the alleged offences and the fines they attracted, showing the lack of balance shown by the SCB.

My mate? , sorry, don't know who was involved.