British Speedway Forum

Split Waterman RIP

38 minutes ago, auntie doris said:

Await your Speedway in Surrey book then! Or would it come under Speedway in the South East?

Yes, it would be in Speedway in the South East. If you don't have a copy, I have a few left at very reasonable prices......

Just now, norbold said:

Yes, it would be in Speedway in the South East. If you don't have a copy, I have a few left at very reasonable prices......

I bet you have. Seriously now, would Crayford be Kent or London?

9 minutes ago, auntie doris said:

I bet you have. Seriously now, would Crayford be Kent or London?

Kent until 1964; London since 1965.

Young Squire get a trial at Wembley

• Like 5

Really sad news. RIP Split

Thoughts are with your family and friends.

14 hours ago, gustix said:

Split Waterman: Wikipedia career details:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Split_Waterman

Note: Hopefully Wikipedia item will be updated in regard to the sad death of Split Waterman?

I have tried, as has a 'very good friend of the past' Parsloes1928nearly to update the Split Waterman Wikipedia entry. Sadly we both appear to 'lack the needed skills' to do this.

Edited by Guest
spelling error

55 minutes ago, gustix said:

I have tried, as has a 'very good friend of the past' Parsloes1928nearly to update the Split Waterman Wikipedia entry. Sadly we both appear to 'lack the needed skills' to do this.

All done.

1 hour ago, gustix said:

4 minutes ago, norbold said:

All done.

Many thanks norbold. 

34 minutes ago, gustix said:

Many thanks norbold. 

Apparently one of the Wiki Admins has now removed my edit for reasons best known to themselves!

Just now, norbold said:

Apparently one of the Wiki Admins has now removed my edit for reasons best known to themselves!

So I see.I have just made a visit to Wikipedia and saw your update had been removed. How annoying - both for you and those who are interested in this topic.

1 hour ago, gustix said:

Hi Gustix, ad others this is very sad news about Split and i have just updated his Wikipedia page with his date of passing hopefully this time the date will remain.

Edited by Robbie B

3 minutes ago, Robbie B said:

Hi Gustix, ad others this is very sad news about Split and i have just updated his Wikipedia page with his date of passing hopefully this time the date will remain.

I have just visited Wikipedia and your update is still there. At the moment!!!

I have just added Spain as he location of his passing, if you want me to add anything else then please do inform via a PM and I will add this later on today.

The previous date might have been removed by Wikipedia because it may not have been coded correctly.

Edited by Robbie B

35 minutes ago, Robbie B said:

I have just added Spain as he location of his passing, if you want me to add anything else then please do inform via a PM and I will add this later on today.

The previous date might have been removed by Wikipedia because it may not have been coded correctly.

Wikipedia strikes again Robbie B. Your update appears to have been removed by them!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Split_Waterman