British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Extraleague/E winner div 1/Div 2 2020 confirmed signings and news

I thought that all Polish League clubs had to be granted licenses by PZM at the start of each season before they could compete?

If KK is owed such a large amount of money then wouldn`t that go against them for next season?

`A la` Czestochowa a few years ago when Sayfutdinov & Laguta were allegedly owed a truck load of zlotys.

KK is owed so called 'sponsorship money', in theory club paid him everything they legally had to so they'll get a license no problem.

Most, if not all, top riders in Ekstraliga have sponsorship deals on top of what clubs legally can pay them, Woffinden's contract is mostly paid by Betard and believe me, all in all it's way more than Ekstraliga's official maximum, which is no more than 150k for signature (~£30k) and 4,5k per point (~£1k)

According to sportowefakty 30 riders this season had max contracts, but obviously some riders like KK, Holder or Lindgren, even though had disappointing seasons and low average, earned more than e.g. Michelsen or Smektala who had higher avg then them,  (I assume all 5 were in that group of 30), but not as good sponsorship deals provided by the club.

• Like 3

Wittstock have been accepted and signed a contract today

54 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Great news- Rzeszow could be back making 7 teams  but not confirmed as of yet.

Good to read as it will give the league some depth.

Interview with Wittstock boss Frank Mauer. Names a few riders who should be in the team including Celina Liebmann and golden oldie Mirko Wolter. Also Ben Ernst is included, although I thought I saw yesterday that Łódź want him. But translation wasn’t good and somebody did mention Łódź loaning him out.. His son will be made captain of the teamB)

https://m.speedweek.com/speedway-racing/news/151177/Premiere-Deutscher-Club-in-polnischer-Speedway-Liga.html

Also talk of a 'Nikolaus' meeting like the old meetings at Stralsund in December. 7th I think was mentioned

Edited by iris123

Thought Kasprzak had left Gorzow for Lublin?