British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Extraleague/E winner div 1/Div 2 2020 confirmed signings and news

Just listened to the Ward, Watt and Holder conversation aired after their video last night. Interesting to hear from Holder that his visa situation has been resolved, he is now living in Ferndown (near Poole / Bournemouth) with a new partner and is planning to base himself in Poland shortly and continue at Toruń in Lge 1.

On 4/26/2020 at 10:41 PM, iris123 said:

Tbh I would rather like to see the FIM get a kick up the backside. Maybe what is needed is a real breakaway and the control being in the hands of the big boys in the sport, rather than being run by the minnows? 

The various Speedway World Championship should be run by an international association of professional leagues, whether under the umbrella of the FIM or not. The events should be run for the benefit of the sport with the majority of (any) profits being shared amongst the tracks running professional speedway, perhaps with an agreed percentage going to develop grass roots speedway. 

With respect to Poland, whilst I'd generally say that the sport in any one country shouldn't just run in isolation without consideration to anyone else, I think there's little choice in the current circumstances if any speedway is to be run. Borders are closed, or at least quarantine measures are being imposed, so it's simply not going to be practical for international competitions to be run in 2020, and certainly not have riders travel back-and-forth from league-to-league.

So it's pretty obvious that riders are going to focus on the most lucrative league, and if Poland can get going and can still afford to run behind closed doors, then you have to be fair and let the riders try to earn some money this year. The SGP isn't going to be paying the bills, and frankly should be amongst the lowest priorities at the moment. 

15 hours ago, Dickie Head said:

Just listened to the Ward, Watt and Holder conversation aired after their video last night. Interesting to hear from Holder that his visa situation has been resolved, he is now living in Ferndown (near Poole / Bournemouth) with a new partner and is planning to base himself in Poland shortly and continue at Toruń in Lge 1.

I assume Jack is also doing the same as his brother?!  Chris did also say he wants to ride in British Speedway again, but the visa came through a bit too late for 2020.

from his club

- I confirm that Emil Sayfutdinov has signed a financial annex to the two-year contract in force on the terms proposed by the Club. I would like to emphasize that together with the Management Board and the Shareholders of the Club, we wanted to prevent the situation that Emil would not be able to compete in the Polish league. We urged him for a long time to sign a Warsaw contract or an annex and not block his driving in the Polish league, which was associated with suspension. After long talks and rethinking our proposal by Emil, the Russian signed on the terms proposed by the club. At the moment, as I clearly point out, Emil is not taken into account when determining the match composition of Unia Leszno. He has important contact with Unia Leszno, and whether he will compete in our colors will turn out in the future. Loans or other terms of cooperation may be involved, but this topic will concern further talks. At the moment we are finishing our agonizing about Emil and his staying in the FOGO Unia Leszno team - said Piotr Rusiecki, President of the Board.

Sportowefakty article- who said there is no money in Speedway !!!!

" Three-time world champion, associated for years with Betard Sparta Wrocław, flew to the capital of Lower Silesia by a private jet. His teammates Daniel Bewley and Max Fricke took on board with him."

photo https://sportowefakty.wp.pl/zuzel/881482/zuzel-zagraniczne-gwiazdy-zaczynaja-kwarantanne-w-polsce-mistrz-woffinden-przyle

Edited by racers and royals

Is there going to be anyway to watch the Polish League racing once its up and running?

33 minutes ago, RPNY said:

Is there going to be anyway to watch the Polish League racing once its up and running?

There are always " small rivers " (Phil has asked me not to use the other word)  however they can be a bit iffy.

For the last couple of seasons i have taken out a 6 month subscripition with Goldvod. which has Eleven Sport and N Sport. A friend of mine also recommends POLonTV, which i think could be dearer than Golvod.

12 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

There are always " small rivers " (Phil has asked me not to use the other word)  however they can be a bit iffy.

For the last couple of seasons i have taken out a 6 month subscripition with Goldvod. which has Eleven Sport and N Sport. A friend of mine also recommends POLonTV, which i think could be dearer than Golvod.

Thank you. Is it easy to subscribe to these from outside of Poland tho?

53 minutes ago, RPNY said:

Thank you. Is it easy to subscribe to these from outside of Poland tho?

Certainly Goldvod was fairly easy with a BACS payment(under £30 for the 6 months) I`m sure you could google Polish TV in the USA and probably some suggestions will be on forums etc.

Edited by racers and royals
  • Like 1

It seems to have gone very smooth in Poland with quarantine, full teams, no major arguments.  Shows what can be done when everyone is positive. 

7 minutes ago, Mark said:

It seems to have gone very smooth in Poland with quarantine, full teams, no major arguments.  Shows what can be done when everyone is positive. 

Although Leszno seem confident he will ride, i don`t think Piotr Pawlicki has agreed terms.

Any practice matches announced yet ?  Can start from 28/05/20.

Nothing on the Polish websites yet. Sportowe Fakty normally carry the dates.

Talking of SF, they're carrying the story below.

It's no surprise but the Poles are abusing the Covid-19 crisis to flex their muscles. Decent of them. There's also a headline claiming Poland is ready to fight the FIM. Unfortunately that story is on video so out of range of Google Translate.

Link: https://sportowefakty.wp.pl/zuzel/883079/zuzel-szykuja-sie-by-powiedziec-zawodnikom-chcesz-jechac-w-polsce-o-innej-lidze-

Slag. They are getting ready to tell the players: you want to go in Poland, forget about another league

In PZM there is a growing group of supporters of options - one player, one league. Who knows if from the 2022 season the rule will not come into force that speedway riders wanting to compete in Poland will have to commit that they will not go in any other league.

It's all getting very messy. Money talks.  

Edited by RobMcCaffery