British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Extraleague/E winner div 1/Div 2 2020 confirmed signings and news

Like to see more brits trying to get spots in Poland. Want to be a nation on the up again they need to be out there.

• Like 1

Sorry if this has already been answered with previous posts. How are Rybnik planning toouse Hancock, Lambert, Batchelor, Lebedevs & Milk? 

6 hours ago, Col said:

Sorry if this has already been answered with previous posts. How are Rybnik planning toouse Hancock, Lambert, Batchelor, Lebedevs & Milk? 

Obviously they can't as Woryna and Szczepaniak are going to have to race in the top 5.

I've been keeping tracks of all the teams via this blog I made up:

https://speedwayteams2020.blogspot.com/

3 minutes ago, stewmac said:

Obviously they can't as Woryna and Szczepaniak are going to have to race in the top 5.

I've been keeping tracks of all the teams via this blog I made up:

https://speedwayteams2020.blogspot.com/

Or the OP which has been updated almost daily ;)  Lambert could be tactically used at no 8/16- although he has been quoted that he wouldn`t accept that again this season. Col probably knows the answer that it`s a squad and they will use who is in form/horses for courses policy. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Or the OP which has been updated almost daily ;)  Lambert could be tactically used at no 8/16- although he has been quoted that he wouldn`t accept that again this season. Col probably knows the answer that it`s a squad and they will use who is in form/horses for courses policy. 

Indeed. 

If anyone is interested, that blog is connected to a Facebook page I run. It's called Continental Speedway and all are welcome to join. It has mostly Polish stuff, particularly livestreams of all televised matches - not the same type of links as provided on here, along with YouTube videos afterwards. Please note I'm not trying to pinch anyone from here, merely to provide an additional method for folk to follow leagues across Europe. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

23 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Like to see more brits trying to get spots in Poland. Want to be a nation on the up again they need to be out there.

While we have doubling up and riders are able to get two teams here and make a comfortable living there`s little chance or willing IMO to get out to Poland or Sweden.

7 minutes ago, screm said:

While we have doubling up and riders are able to get two teams here and make a comfortable living there`s little chance or willing IMO to get out to Poland or Sweden.

Why make a comfortable living when you could make a better living and become a better rider. Too many brits imo not willing to push themselves to that next level or trying hard enough to do so.

Edited by Mr Blobby
  • Like 1

Wittstock have announced the appointment of Piotr Swist as Trainer 

22 hours ago, Col said:

Don't forget Sergei Logachev who did a great job for them this year despite his horrible crash in the middle of the season.

I'm sure he'll be hoping to be involved in the team, and I'm fairly sure he's too old for the number 8 berth.

17 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Col probably knows the answer that it`s a squad and they will use who is in form/horses for courses policy. 

I did wonder if Batchelor & Hancock were planning to ride on Polish licences. Neither have SoN on their agenda.

7 hours ago, Col said:

I did wonder if Batchelor & Hancock were planning to ride on Polish licences. Neither have SoN on their agenda.

SON is based on nationalities, not licenses.

Sportowefakty reports that no TV contracts are yet in place for the Nice Polska league in 2020. It is understood that  negotiations are ongoing,if no agreement , the PZM could turn to the internet for showing the matches. 

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

Not all is well in Poland outside of the Extraleague. Yesterday Pila withdrew from Div 2 which leaves 6 teams only in the division(5 from Poland)

Would it make sence to merge Div 1 and 2 as riders would get a lot more fixtures.     It would only be 10 more matches to fit into the normal League 1 fixture list.