British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Extraleague/E winner div 1/Div 2 2020 confirmed signings and news

Poland’s PGE Ekstraliga took a giant stride forward in its restart efforts after riders, mechanics, club staff and officials all tested negative for Covid-19.Nearly 500 people were tested with no positive tests – a huge victory for the competition, which is set to launch behind closed doors on June 12, with practice sessions set to get underway on Friday.

Strict controls to limit the spread of the virus have been put in place and foreign riders who do not live in Poland were required to spend two weeks in quarantine before entering Polish society.With this period now completed, clubs gathered their riders for mass testing – costing the PGE Ekstraliga 200,000 PLN (over £40,000).

PGE Ekstraliga president Wojciech Stepniewski is delighted with the results, but insists there will be no room for complacency as teams and officials work to bring the sport back safely. He told the league’s official website: “This is great news and we are very happy above all from a purely human point of view that all tested players, mechanics as well as club employees, functionaries and referees are all 'clean'.But we will not rest on our laurels and we want our sanitary regime to work well in the next stages of the thawing of Polish speedway. There is nothing else for us to do but prepare for the start of training and then PGE Ekstraliga matches.”

Measures to prevent the spread of coronavirus include matches taking place without fans, with strict limits in place on the number of workers allowed into the stadium and pit area. Riders will be limited to one mechanic each and the body temperature of anyone entering the pits will be checked.

36 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

He took some over-the-counter stuff which contained a 'banned' substance even though he checked beforehand and was told it was ok!!

Not sure taking a drip is " over the counter stuff " !!!

• Like 1

Emil Sayfutdinov has now received start permission from the Russian federation  to ride in the Polish Extraleague. It has not been confirmed yet that he will for Leszno, but it`s looking likely that he will.

On 5/27/2020 at 3:29 PM, racers and royals said:

Not sure taking a drip is " over the counter stuff " !!!

I’m confident to say that there was nothing wrong with the substance he was taking. He was hydrated and if the substance was illegal we’d know.

The method itself was against the doping rules. So it was not about doping as in drugs, but as in methods used. His blood was altered so there is a slight chance that what ever traces of something   was there faded away.

I’m from Finland so I know about blood manipulation. :lol:  google Lahti 2001 to find out more.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, f-s-p said:

I’m confident to say that there was nothing wrong with the substance he was taking. He was hydrated and if the substance was illegal we’d know.

The method itself was against the doping rules. So it was not about doping as in drugs, but as in methods used. His blood was altered so there is a slight chance that what ever traces of something   was there faded away.

I’m from Finland so I know about blood manipulation. :lol:  google Lahti 2001 to find out more.

I think we need to go further back than that to Lasse Viren in 1976  :D

Edited by racers and royals

Just now, racers and royals said:

I think we need to go further back than that to Lasse viren in 1976  :D

I was gonna type that as well but decided not to as I wasnt even born then. :lol:

I think we were a leading country in blood manipulation in the 70’s and Paavo Nurmi wasnt all that clean either in his time. But I think doping was banned later on, maybe early 80’s.

Anyway, Norway is now #1 in doping. #JustSaying

2 hours ago, f-s-p said:

I 'think' it's all sports, yeah? Again, I think Sami Nasri, the French footballer, was banned for receiving IV therapy

28 minutes ago, JC71 said:

I 'think' it's all sports, yeah? Again, I think Sami Nasri, the French footballer, was banned for receiving IV therapy

Floyd Mayweather got away with it though.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tim G said:

Floyd Mayweather got away with it though.

Wow, that sent me to Google, wasn't aware of that at all..........

Div 2 have agreed to start the league on August 8th- all 6 teams will take part including German side Wittstock- the teams will have a total of 10 matches- 5 H 5 A

15 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

WIll the Ekstraliga matches be available to view on any UK TV channels ?  Either live or recorded highlights ?

Have a look at this other thread and you will get your answer 

On 10/9/2019 at 9:11 AM, racers and royals said:

EXTRALEAGUE Team Averages

Drabik and Smektala have 1.50 taken off average as moved up into team so thought would be fairest way of working out there average.

CZESTOCHOWA 42.38

Madsen 9.77

Przedpelski 4.86

F lindgren 7.60

Doyle 9.12

Holta 5.42

Miskowak(junior) 3.61

Kowalski(junior) 2.00

GORZOW 44.63

Zmarzlik 9.64

Kasprzak 6.72

NKI 7.06