Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Extraleague/E winner div 1/Div 2 2020 confirmed signings and news

5 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Mikkel Michelsen who lives in Poland is refusing to sign his Polish contract with Lublin because he won`t agree not to be allowed to leave Poland as he wants to ride for his Danish team and sponsors.

Link: https://sport.tv2.dk/motorsport/2020-04-30-dansk-europamester-vil-blive-haardt-ramt-af-massiv-loennedgang

Basically he saying the same as I wrote a couple of days ago, that it's hard to break up your home and move your family to another country
even though it wouldn't matter to him as he already is living in Poland.

2 minutes ago, Ghostwalker said:

Link: https://sport.tv2.dk/motorsport/2020-04-30-dansk-europamester-vil-blive-haardt-ramt-af-massiv-loennedgang

Basically he saying the same as I wrote a couple of days ago, that it's hard to break up your home and move your family to another country

As Sweden, Denmark and the UK are refusing start permission to ride Poland if the riders are doing their domestic league racing, these are the affected Extraleague riders

Lindback, Bewley, NKI,Thomsen, Bjerre and Lambert.

10 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

As Sweden, Denmark and the UK are refusing start permission to ride Poland if the riders are doing their domestic league racing, these are the affected Extraleague riders

Kurtz? Holder J?

5 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Kurtz? Holder J?

Kurtz can go because he`s an Aussie(same as Doyle)  Jack is riding E winner 1st division with Torun and i don`t think the league  have made a decision about what to do.

Edited by racers and royals

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

Michael Jepsen Jensen as well (Outrup DK and ZG Poland). 

1 hour ago, Ghostwalker said:

Nice to get the chance to be a part of @canalplussportpolska program R1 yesterday! I think I made some good points from the foreign riders point of view. We all... want to race in @speedwayekstraliga and personally I have no problem at all with starting the season in Poland until the borders are open again and the 14 day quarantine rule has been lifted. The main concern is the annex and the lack of information in this one, if this one can be sorted with a few changes everything will be fine. I love Poland, I live here and almost have for 5 years now so don’t mistake any articles released for my words cause I have not spoken with any media’s a part from my interview on tv last night! The Danish federation has as well as Ekstraliga put us in a very hard and complicated situation and both of them have good and bad arguments, but please stop spreading rumors etc. We’re trying to fix the situation together and accomplish a united decision. So stop the “fake news” and believe the situation will be resolved

• Like 1

delete

Edited by Mark

4 minutes ago, Mark said:

Nice to get the chance to be a part of @canalplussportpolska program R1 yesterday! I think I made some good points from the foreign riders point of view. We all want to race in @speedwayekstraliga and personally I have no problem at all with starting the season in Poland until the borders are open again and the 14 day quarantine rule has been lifted. The main concern is the annex and the lack of information in this one, if this one can be sorted with a few changes everything will be fine. I love Poland, I live here and almost have for 5 years now so don’t mistake any articles released for my words cause I have not spoken with any media’s a part from my interview on tv last night! The Danish federation has as well as Ekstraliga put us in a very hard and complicated situation and both of them have good and bad arguments, but please stop spreading rumors etc. We’re trying to fix the situation together and accomplish a united decision. So stop the “fake news” and believe the situation will be resolved

I`m off to the opticians asap- i think i`m suffering from double vision ;)

Just now, racers and royals said:

I`m off to the opticians asap- i think i`m suffering from double vision ;)

thats why I deleted, old news.

Tarnow reporting the League due to start 11th or 18th July

Everything indicates that the season in eWinner 1st and 2nd Speedway League will start. Club activists during Monday consultations with the Main Speedway Sport Committee stated that they are ready to take up the challenge.

- All first league clubs have declared their willingness to start in this year's competition. They are ready to take the challenge. And this means that the games should start on the dates we previously communicated - says Zbigniew Fiałkowski, vice president of GKSŻ. Let's add that the start of the eWinner 1st League is scheduled for mid-July. This scenario assumes that the 2020 season will consist of only the main round.

GKSŻ representatives asked activists about financial issues. The situation in eWinner 1. League clubs is difficult at the moment. However, activists are not going to give up. They know that they will face a difficult fight to close their budgets, but all clubs want to take it, because the future of all Polish speedway is at stake.

- We already know that along the way we will certainly encounter many more problems, but we have told ourselves together that we will solve them step by step. We want to save this competition - emphasizes Piotr Szymański, chairman of GKSŻ.

Let us add that the clubs of the 2nd Speedway League presented a similar position. In the lowest class, the season would start at the beginning of August.

The decision on Maksym Drabik`s hearing should be published today.

Google translation of Sportowefakty article

Slag. Drabik's application for retrospective TEU rejected. His patron wants to go to the Tribunal at the Polish Olympic Committee
There is a decision of the POLADA disciplinary panel regarding retrospective TEU for Maks Drabik. The application was finally rejected. The representative of the speedway rider is considering referring to the Arbitration Court at the Polish Olympic Committee.

Proceedings regarding the retrospective TEU for Drabik completed. Judgment of May 5
Maksym Drabik did not receive a retrospective TEU, which would help him avoid disciplinary proceedings by POLADA regarding the breach of the anti-doping procedure. We would like to remind you that the slag Betard Sparty Wrocław has accepted a half liter of drip, it is prohibited before last year's PGE Ekstraliga final. The speedway lawyer argued to POLADA that it was about saving the health of a competitor who has had chronic health problems for a long time and should be granted retrospective TUE (only for therapeutic purposes, which allows the use of means and methods on the prohibited list exceptionally).
POLADA did not share the opinion of Łukasz Klimczyk. - Settling the application for retrospective TEU is unfavorable for the player - tells us Michał Rynkowski, head of Polish anti-doping. - The athlete's attorney now intends to most likely turn to the Arbitration Tribunal at the Polish Olympic Committee - he adds.

The speedway patron wants to go to the Tribunal because the grant of a retroactive TEU would close the topic. If Drabik got it, there would be no disciplinary action before POLADA. The problem is that the action with the Tribunal is very risky. And it is not even about the fact that the decision may be unfavorable. It's more about time. The Tribunal sometimes took up to half a year to gather and deal with a given case. And yet the season starts on June 12, in a month.

The path with the Tribunal also delays the subject of substantive consideration of the case by POLADA. Until now, the plan was that if the application for TEU was rejected, then in May the disciplinary panel would meet to issue a verdict regarding the breach of the procedure by a speedway rider. However, if the player's representative actually decides to court, POLADA will have his hands tied and will have to wait.
Edited by racers and royals

Russian Federation have refused permission for Emil Sayfutdinov to ride in the Extraleague.

Maybe I am missing some peculiarity with speedway or sport in general but how can they do this?

How can you deny the opportunity to go an earn a living in another country when you cant offer the same opportunities in your own country? I could understand how they could tell Emil if you ride in Poland you will be refused the opportunity to ride in Russia. I can also understand how they could say to Emil you cant leave to go to Poland because our borders are closed....which i know is not a fact as Im currently sat with 3 Russians who have travelled here to work in the North Sea.

The same goes for the Swedish, Danish and British authorities thinking of preventing riders from going to ride in Poland, how can they do this? Surely they can only give them the choice, its either Poland or us. Im not certain of Dan Bewley's current stance but for example if the BSPA/SCB or Belle Vue tried to ban him from riding in Poland but cant guarantee him any rides in the UK surely they dont have a leg to stand on