British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
baiden

Grand Prix changes

What's the minimum number of points needed to qualify for the Semi-Finals? Probably something like 7, and then another 2 for reaching the Final, so that's 9.

The maximum points a rider reaching the Final can score is 15 + 3, so 18. 

So award points in the Final - 1st = 30, 2nd = 20, 3rd = 10 and 4th = 0 - and add them to the heat and semi-final points. That way the top 3 will always score the most points... ;)

Confirmed rule changes:

Points per GP: 20, 18, 16, 14, 12, 11, 10, 9, 8 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 0

GP 2021:

- Top 6 GP 2020
- Top 3 GP challenge
- European champion
- 5 wildcards

7 minutes ago, DutchGrasstrack said:

Confirmed rule changes:

GP 2021:

- Top 6 GP 2020
- Top 3 GP challenge
- European champion
- 5 wildcards

No 0 - everyone scores.

It`s going to be interesting to see  if more GP riders will now enter the SEC qualifying, in order to reach the SEC finals and get another chance of being back in the GP the following year.

3 minutes ago, DutchGrasstrack said:

Confirmed rule changes:

GP 2021:

- Top 6 GP 2020
- Top 3 GP challenge
- European champion
- 5 wildcards

I'm not a fan of this if it is true.

As I said earlier, a rider may score 15 points in the Qualifying heats and finish third in his S/F for an actual total of 16 points, loses 4 points in the new format, being 'awarded' 12 points.

Another rider may qualify for the S/F with 8 points and finish second in his S/F actually scoring 10 points but gains 4 points after being 'awarded' 14 for finishing last in the Final!

• Like 3

Just now, Gambo said:

I'm not a fan of this if it is true.

As I said earlier, a rider may score 15 points in the Qualifying heats and finish third in his S/F for an actual total of 16 points, loses 4 points in the new format, being 'awarded' 12 points.

Another rider may qualify for the S/F with 8 points and finish second in his S/F actually scoring 10 points but gains 4 points after being 'awarded' 14 for finishing last in the Final!

It`s true on GP website exactly as DGT has said.

1 minute ago, racers and royals said:

It`s true on GP website exactly as DGT has said.

Thanks R&R.

How will that impact on the GP Spreads?

2 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Thanks R&R.

How will that impact on the GP Spreads?

That is a very good question which until you had mentioned it, i hadn`t given it a thought. It`s going to be a decision on what`s best for the bookie and worst for the punter :)

4 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

That is a very good question which until you had mentioned it, i hadn`t given it a thought. It`s going to be a decision on what`s best for the bookie and worst for the punter :)

You could quite easily use the 2019 format for calculating the scores. There will be a KanDysoft version that will help you! :)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gambo said:

You could quite easily use the 2019 format for calculating the scores. There will be a KanDysoft version that will help you! :)

The "other " bookies only have ever  bet on 20 heats on their score markets, which i might have to change to as well. if i did it would be disappointing because the semi`s and final are the business end part of the meeting.

12 minutes ago, Gambo said:

I`m an OAP so might have to stick to free downloaded race-card and a pen :D

3 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

I`m an OAP so might have to stick to free downloaded race-card and a pen :D

Surely you can afford the measly sum of £10 for a full season of GP spreadsheets from all the money you fleece earn from your suckers clients! :D

• Like 1

Using the 2020 format in the 2019 series sees Leon Madsen as World Champion with 154 points (130 2019) and Zmarzlik in 2nd place with 147 (132 2019).

Madsen would have had a 1 point lead prior to Torun.

Zmarzlik would have had to finish ahead of Madsen in the Final, to win by 1 point.

No other changes in positions down to 18th place in the final standings.

Janowski, Doyle and Dudek miss out on automatic qualification.

Edited by Gambo
Spelling & addtional stats.

It's probably something obvious I've missed but can someone explain the new fixed points scoring system?

Clearly the final is easy, 20-18-16-14, then I assume 3rd/4th in the semi get 12 and 11 respectively.

So who gets 10, 9 & 8? If everyone 9th-16th gets 8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1?

Or are the points handed out after the meeting has been completed? 

3 minutes ago, JCookie said:

It's probably something obvious I've missed but can someone explain the new fixed points scoring system?

Clearly the final is easy, 20-18-16-14, then I assume 3rd/4th in the semi get 12 and 11 respectively.

So who gets 10, 9 & 8? If everyone 9th-16th gets 8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1?

Or are the points handed out after the meeting has been completed? 

The two riders who finish 3rd in the Semi's are ranked according to their Qualifying points/countback, as are the two who finished 4th.

• Like 1

Just now, Gambo said:

The two riders who finish 3rd in the Semi's are ranked according to their Qualifying points/countback, as are the two who finished 4th.

Many thanks.