British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
baiden

Grand Prix changes

I wonder if any wildcard  "weighting" will be given to Overseas riders( non Europeans) who from now on have 1 less opportunity to qualify than their European rivals(SEC not open to non- Europeans) ?

Edited by racers and royals
  • Sad 1

WHY WHY WHY What an absolute joke. A rider can have 6 perfects rides (18 points) and finish last in the final and get 14 points.  "IF IT'S NOT BROKEN"

• Like 4

I don't mind the new scoring system. As said, it is in line with other motorsports. You don't get more points for winning an F1 GP by a minute rather than a fraction of a second.

As for only the top six qualifying and five wildcards, I like this a lot as it gives the organisers much more flexibility. Hopefully they use this to inject some fresh faces, rather than simply promote the seventh and eighth placed riders though. Personally, I don't think any GP rider who finishes outside the top eight/six should get a wildcard unless they've missed meeting through injury.

Sounds good to me the winner will now be top scorer and win the meeting as well

The less wildcards the better for me, much better to get as many things sorted out on track rather than by committee and opinion. I`m not saying remove all wildcards but five is probably two to many.

As for the scoring system as others have said if its not broke why fix it, one of the beauties about SGP is that every race counted towards you total at the end of the night now it doesn't which makes no sense at all to me.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, jacksback said:

WHY WHY WHY What an absolute joke. A rider can have 6 perfects rides (18 points) and finish last in the final and get 14 points.  "IF IT'S NOT BROKEN"

I would suggest the reason is that there have been occasions where the GP round winner has been X but Y is listed as having more points.

It doesn't make sense to people outside of speedway. I am sure people see that and think it is a misprint.

2 hours ago, DutchGrasstrack said:

Confirmed rule changes:

Points per GP: 20, 18, 16, 14, 12, 11, 10, 9, 8 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 0

GP 2021:

- Top 6 GP 2020
- Top 3 GP challenge
- European champion
- 5 wildcards

What a load of rubbish.

Complete throwback to the way they used to award points, which was abandoned for a reason. EVERY point should count.

Edited by lucifer sam
  • Like 5

9 minutes ago, MattK said:

I don't mind the new scoring system. As said, it is in line with other motorsports. You don't get more points for winning an F1 GP by a minute rather than a fraction of a second.

As for only the top six qualifying and five wildcards, I like this a lot as it gives the organisers much more flexibility. Hopefully they use this to inject some fresh faces, rather than simply promote the seventh and eighth placed riders though. Personally, I don't think any GP rider who finishes outside the top eight/six should get a wildcard unless they've missed meeting through injury.

F1 has about twenty races a season where points are awarded.

SGP has 10? meetings a season when you can do up to 70 races and/or wins. Its totally different.

What a load of zh1t to mess with the scoring. 

• Like 5

What a joke!!!

In 2019 you could qualify for the Final with 18pts plus 3 pts for the win (ie Madsen in Torun) & someone could finish 2nd in the final having scrapped into the S/f with 7 pts then a 2nd in s/f & 2nd in the final giving them 11 pts. Yet in 2020 first gets 20 pts 2nd gets 18 pts. What a joke!!!

And 5 wildcards. All about money!!!  Thats probably why my Cz GP ticket for Prague was 10% more & now nearly £49!!!

They couldn`t get 4 wildcards right this year with Lindback selected (LOL).

They should be concentrating on getting the SGP venues sorted rather than wasting time messing about with the pts!!! Still only 6 venues announced. What a bunch of ....... we have at the head of this sport I love!!!!

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, screm said:

As for the scoring system as others have said if its not broke why fix it, one of the beauties about SGP is that every race counted towards you total at the end of the night now it doesn't which makes no sense at all to me.

Who says it isn't broken though? Maybe the organisers have looked at some of the lacklustre attendances and figure this is one way things can be freshened up a bit?

• Haha 1

Don’t like this at all . so win all your heats 15 pts last in final take hom 14

scrape through to finals on 7pts win final take home 20 

bloody joke

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, KN1 said:

Don’t like this at all . so win all your heats 15 pts last in final take hom 14

scrape through to finals on 7pts win final take home 20 

bloody joke

Win all your heats, finish last in your semi-final, take home 10 points...

• Like 3

Buggered the SWC and now done the same with the GPs 

• Like 3