British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
baiden

Grand Prix changes

15 minutes ago, f-s-p said:

If SEC champ gets an auto slot then AMA and Argentinian champs + Aussie champ should get in aswell since one continental champ gets in — > all should get in. Its the world championship.

You can’t compare the SEC with multi country entry. Most of the best riders in the world could possibly enter, with the Argentinian Championship, which could well be won by some low level Pole or Finnish rider? Oh I think I have rumbled your concept :nono:

1 hour ago, iris123 said:

You can’t compare the SEC with multi country entry. Most of the best riders in the world could possibly enter, with the Argentinian Championship, which could well be won by some low level Pole or Finnish rider? Oh I think I have rumbled your concept :nono:

The Argentinian round is the only way for you brits to get a second entry to SGP!

Could place a small bet that no Finnish rider ever has competed in Argentina.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, f-s-p said:

The Argentinian round is the only way for you brits to get a second entry to SGP!

Could place a small bet that no Finnish rider ever has competed in Argentina.

:rofl::rolleyes:

Oh,i thought Aarnio had

3 minutes ago, iris123 said:

:rofl::rolleyes:

Oh,i thought Aarnio had

Seriously doubt that Aarnio has been racing in Argentina. We've had loads in Oz and NZ, Kylmä definately was in the States this decade, but Argentina I say no.

• Like 1

Disregarding Argentina, which is not at the same level as others, but there will be an inaugural F.I.M. Oceania Solo Championship in Austarlia this or early next year. And there is also an F.I.M. North America Final to be held on December 7 at the Perris Speedway in California. 

SGP wild cards for the European champion, Oceania champion, and North America Champion doesn't seem such a bad idea !

I reckon of the 15 riders next year there's 5 in with a shot of the top spot 5 who have a chance but more likely chasing a top 8 finish and 5 who will finish 11-15. Any guesses on the 3 blocks of 5

• Like 1

On 10/13/2019 at 5:17 PM, bruno said:

I reckon of the 15 riders next year there's 5 in with a shot of the top spot 5 who have a chance but more likely chasing a top 8 finish and 5 who will finish 11-15. Any guesses on the 3 blocks of 5

Zmarzlik, Madsen, Sayfutdinov, Woffinden, Janowski.
Doyle, Lindgren, Vaculík, Iversen, Laguta.
Lindbäck, Dudek, Hancock, Žagar, Fricke.

• Like 1

Zmarzlik, Madsen, Emil, Woffy, Doyle,

Janowski, Lindgren, Vaculik, Iversen, Hancock, 

Dudek, Laguta, Fricke, Zagar, Lindback

Not in any order within each 5

Movers could be Janowski up to level 1, Doyle down to L2

Hamcock and/or Iversen could go down to L3,  Fricke and/or Zagar could go up to L2.

Edited by OveFundinFan
Should have read “Not in any order“

Interesting, we have an identical top 9 & bottom 6.

Top 4 sort themselves easily, same with some middle and end ones, but potentially some movers.

Edited by OveFundinFan

Zmarzlik,Madsen,Emil,Janowski,Doyle

Woffy,Vaculik,Lindgren,Dudek,Fricke.

Zager,Laguta,Iversen,Hancock,Lindback.

I think the real wild card here is Dudek - depending on which one shows up. He could be pushing for a medal or propping up the rest of the field...

21 hours ago, chunky said:

I think the real wild card here is Dudek - depending on which one shows up. He could be pushing for a medal or propping up the rest of the field...

There was something up with Dudek  IMO.He took a dramatic slump in form mid-season, he can’t be that bad next season surely.

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

There was something up with Dudek  IMO.He took a dramatic slump in form mid-season, he can’t be that bad next season surely.

Exactly the way I feel. You don't go from that good to that bad that quickly - and that consistently.

10 hours ago, chunky said:

Exactly the way I feel. You don't go from that good to that bad that quickly - and that consistently.

Krzysztof Kasprzak did!

• Like 2