British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Islander15

Play-off final

Out of interest - guesstimate on the attendance for Leicester v Kent. Thanks.

1 minute ago, gustix said:

Out of interest - guesstimate on the attendance for Leicester v Kent. Thanks.

400 by my reckoning

12 minutes ago, arnieg said:

400 by my reckoning

Don't think that is too far out

A walk in the park for the cubs tonight. Right from the start, the kings sermed to struggle with The tricky track conditions. The crowd was lower than i expected, but it was a well run meeting on a cold evening.

2 hours ago, Richard Weston said:

Ouch. Didn’t see that result. Long way home for Teaboy

On high speed train from ebbsfleet to ashford now, should be at work in next 45 mins, Oh joy.

6 hours ago, Old Crusader said:

I hope so too. Don't understand Ruddick issue either his average is shown as below 7 but every rider except Ellis can cover for him which is an unfair advantage.

Ruddick's greensheet is 6.67. The weighted average of the riders who replaced him was 6.63.

How is that an advantage?

PS His actual 2019 average ( exc bonus) from official fixtures is 8

• Like 1

5 hours ago, arnieg said:

Ruddick's greensheet is 6.67. The weighted average of the riders who replaced him was 6.63.

How is that an advantage?

PS His actual 2019 average ( exc bonus) from official fixtures is 8

Good to finally meet you last night mate.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cityrebel said:

A walk in the park for the cubs tonight. Right from the start, the kings sermed to struggle with The tricky track conditions. The crowd was lower than i expected, but it was a well run meeting on a cold evening.

The Thompson twins both have made great progress City?? Hume at home has not been below double figures all year a solid year for him do you know City why Danyon is not in the NLRC line up.

8 hours ago, teaboy279 said:

On high speed train from ebbsfleet to ashford now, should be at work in next 45 mins, Oh joy.

Sort of bad to worse then

With Kent supposedly moving to the premiership next year a win would have been nice a “promotion” pr could have been run sadly can’t see that but it’s not over til the fat lady sings... she’s certainly cleared her throat though 

6 minutes ago, TurnTwo said:

With Kent supposedly moving to the premiership next year a win would have been nice a “promotion” pr could have been run sadly can’t see that but it’s not over til the fat lady sings... she’s certainly cleared her throat though 

Yer......says who????

28 minutes ago, blueherb777 said:

Yer......says who????

I've heard the rumours as well, probably just gossip. With the NL possibly down to four teams next year, some sort of movement might be essential for the sport to progress at Central Park.

24 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

I've heard the rumours as well, probably just gossip. With the NL possibly down to four teams next year, some sort of movement might be essential for the sport to progress at Central Park.

What is the obsession with progression though? Rye House ran for many years successfully in the middle tier, moved up and look where it is now. Len is not a daft man, he knows the costs involved in the sport and currently tracks a strong side in the NL and is able to finance is comfortably whilst making a profit. 

For all the chatter the league structure will be the same next year as Matt Ford knows there will be a Championship. I also think Len has the morals to keep the league gong and not jump ship as soon as it gets tough. Plus who knows a 4-5 team league Kent might finally get that trophy :D 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

What is the obsession with progression though? Rye House ran for many years successfully in the middle tier, moved up and look where it is now. Len is not a daft man, he knows the costs involved in the sport and currently tracks a strong side in the NL and is able to finance is comfortably whilst making a profit. 

For all the chatter the league structure will be the same next year as Matt Ford knows there will be a Championship. I also think Len has the morals to keep the league gong and not jump ship as soon as it gets tough. Plus who knows a 4-5 team league Kent might finally get that trophy :D 

Filler meetings and challenge matches might suit some of the Central Park regulars, but not me. How can you fill a full season of fixtures with four teams is beyond me.

1 hour ago, blueherb777 said:

Yer......says who????

It’s the talk of the terraces. Planning only allows Monday. Monday’s premiership fixed race nights, Len doesn’t want to keep selling poor fixtures to fans with a watered down nl at the price he’s charging